> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I still really want one of the top corners at 10, but what percentage would you guys put on it happening? 

I know we had interest in the top corners the past couple years and just weren’t in a position to pick one (at least after the Dolphins trade back), but it’s hard to shake the thought we go OL or more likely DL/EDGE.

I guess I’d put it at a 30% chance, but hopefully it’s higher. It does seem like a pretty deep corner class, so I won’t be devastated if it’s not our first pick, but I’d like it to be.

I'm all on board for a corner at 10 (or trading back a couple spots and taking one)
And an EDGE at 30 (or also possibly again trading back)

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

Feel like he won't be in play at 30 at this point, but EDGE around that part of the draft is really deep so I'm alright with that.

The great thing for us this year is that most positions of need for us are pretty deep like corner, edge, slot receiver, and running back. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

In a perfect world we could trade down a few spots and still land one of the top 3 corners. Doesn’t seem like Tyree Wilson is gonna be there, but he would be in consideration too if he was. 

Tyree Wilson overrated. I think he's a 2nd rounder. Myles Murphy too.

In a perfect world, Devon Witherspoon is there at 10 (maybe) and Ade Adeboware is there at 30 (not happening).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm all on board for a corner at 10 (or trading back a couple spots and taking one)
And an EDGE at 30 (or also possibly again trading back)

Adebarowe at the end of the 1st would be interesting if he’s available. Can play him at 3T or 5T depending on if we are in a 4 or 3 down front.

But, yeah going into the combine my hope was corner and then best available edge unless Bijan falls which he shouldn’t. Not crazy about these mocks giving us a receiver at 30. 

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Adebarowe at the end of the 1st would be interesting if he’s available. Can play him at 3T or 5T depending on if we are in a 4 or 3 down front.

But, yeah going into the combine my hope was corner and then best available edge unless Bijan falls which he shouldn’t. Not crazy about these mocks giving us a receiver at 30. 

Ade lasting that long is out the window. He's now guaranteed to go around 15, give or take 5 picks. His athletic profile is even crazier than Jordan Davis. What he could be is going to be too tantalizing to last any longer than pick 20. He could probably take some goal line snaps as a 280 pound RB. I bet Bill B is salivating over this guy.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Tyree Wilson overrated. I think he's a 2nd rounder. Myles Murphy too.

In a perfect world, Devon Witherspoon is there at 10 (maybe) and Ade Adeboware is there at 30 (not happening).

Tyree’s age is a little concerning and the conference he played in. I think he’s more of a top 15 guy than the top 5 that he’s being projected as. Both him and Murphy are still raw and have some risk.

Your perfect world is mine too. Absolutely love Witherspoon and Adebawore is so intriguing. Both could be gone before our picks.

1-10 Devon Witherspoon CB or Christian Gonzalez CB
1-30 Keanu Benton DT (Good combine besides his jumps. Very good Senior Bowl)
2 Charbonnet/Achane/Gibbs/Abanikanda/Spears RB (aka the 5 reasons not to take RB in round 1)
3 Yaya Diaby DE (Above average at Senior Bowl, great combine)

Could see Howie doing something like this

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

In a perfect world we could trade down a few spots and still land one of the top 3 corners. Doesn’t seem like Tyree Wilson is gonna be there, but he would be in consideration too if he was. 

Hope these OTs show out, should help us out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Don't know if Felix Anudike-Uzomah was hurt or just waiting til pro day, but really disappointing he didn't workout.

Same. He was in the group with Nolan Smith (before testing), Van Ness (have watched the least of him) and Murphy (not sure he’ll fall that far) as guys I’d take at the end of the first. Ojulari is really intriguing as a pass rusher too. I know we met with Foskey, but don’t think he’s a round 1 guy. If we are picking him at the end of the 2nd then we can talk.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Same. He was in the group with Nolan Smith (before testing), Van Ness (have watched the least of him) and Murphy (not sure he’ll fall that far) as guys I’d take at the end of the first. Ojulari is really intriguing as a pass rusher too. I know we met with Foskey, but don’t think he’s a round 1 guy. If we are picking him at the end of the 2nd then we can talk.

Felix is better right now than all of those guys as far as pass rush moves and leverage, but it's hard to tell if he's a good athlete that can turn the corner in the NFL, or if he's just a better athlete than the guys he's playing in college. Basically, I can't tell if he's Derek Barnett or actually a good athlete, but he looks like Barnett at Tennessee. Barnett with better/looser hips.

Edited by Jeezla

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

1-10 Devon Witherspoon CB or Christian Gonzalez CB
1-30 Keanu Benton DT (Good combine besides his jumps. Very good Senior Bowl)
2 Charbonnet/Achane/Gibbs/Abanikanda/Spears RB (aka the 5 reasons not to take RB in round 1)
3 Yaya Diaby DE (Above average at Senior Bowl, great combine)

Could see Howie doing something like this

Don’t think Gibbs will be available at our 2nd, but this definitely seems like a pretty realistic mock.

Yaya’s testing definitely surprised me. I was barely aware of him coming into the combine, but those numbers will definitely make people go turn to the tape.

Diaby plays with strong hands and clear eyes at the point of attack. He can strike and separate as a two-gapping five-technique or pursue and tackle as a 4-3 base end. He’s a power rusher lacking an instinctive approach to beat better NFL tackles, but his lateral quickness and short-area burst make Diaby perfect for a twisting/gaming front. His frame and skill set could attract attention as an odd- or even-front end with his ceiling being defined by how much he’s able to improve his creativity as a rusher.

I liked this part of his overview on his NFL.com draft profile cause Desai definitely likes to stunt more than Gannon.