Chargers ink LB Kyle Van Noy

TheKillerNacho

He’s not a bad player but he’s like Duron Harmon or Patrick Chung in that his decent ability got magnified in the perfect role in BB’s defense

He can help the Chargers just don’t expect peak NE level play.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kramxel said:

I expect him to be just another guy. We have some LBers, and already don't play them. We have a lot of DBs, and I'm betting we'll be on a lot of 1 true LBer sets.

He'll probably have a better chance to show up at edge, but not sure I consider him a decent replacement for Bosa/Mack.

Based on what was said on Pat McAfee show, it does sound like the plan is to have him play more at edge. I would still like another pickup at edge though.

On 5/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, Bolts223 said:

His cap hit ended up being much less than I expected. Only $1.75 million cap hit.

So hopefully still enough room for us to sign a veteran RT.

I don’t know if there’s a veteran RT that would be upgrade over what we currently have. I think it’s Pipkins job to lose at this point.

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

I don’t know if there’s a veteran RT that would be upgrade over what we currently have. I think it’s Pipkins job to lose at this point.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think Salyer impresses and starts at Guard, allowing us to move Feiler to RT.

4 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Might be wishful thinking, but I think Salyer impresses and starts at Guard, allowing us to move Feiler to RT.

If they were planning to move Feiler to RT, it would make more sense to move Zion to LG, since that was his primary position in college, versus moving Salyer there. But Staley and the coaching staff really want to keep the left side alone it seems.