NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, he's really good. Has a great team too. Doesn't change my point.

So Luka shooting 41% in a series they got absolutely curb stomped proved he's a #1 option but Tatum beating 3 of the elite #1 option players on his path to the finals means he's not one... Sheesh.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So Luka shooting 41% in a series they got absolutely curb stomped proved he's a #1 option but Tatum beating 3 of the elite #1 option players on his path to the finals means he's not one... Sheesh.

If you're dumb enough to believe that statement is accurate and the entire story, sure.

Edited by Bullet Club

Just now, Bullet Club said:

If you're dumb enough to believe that statement is accurate, sure.

Guy who has been to multiple conference finals and just beat three HOF players on his path to the finals while winning ECF MVP isn't a #1 option but the guy that beat two hurt teams then got smacked on by the Warriors is after not winning a series his first three seasons. I will be ready for the Luka parade. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Guy who has been to multiple conference finals and just beat three HOF players on his path to the finals while winning ECF MVP isn't a #1 option but the guy that beat two hurt teams then got smacked on by the Warriors is after not winning a series his first three seasons. I will be ready for the Luka parade. 

Player ability and team results are different.

58 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You can't look directly at contracts because guys nearing the end of their deals will always look underpaid opposed to guys who recently signed.  Its like the QB in the NFL, the contracts grow every year so the most recent max's look the highest.  Bridges is probably currently worth about 25, but in order to get him you have to overpay some. You also are hoping his growth last year continues.  If he improves a few more points per game and a slightly better efficiency while slightly improving his D, he is worth it. 

There are plenty of guys in that top 45 contracts that don't deserve them, and plenty making less on rookie deals that are better. 

Paying anyone max deals is risky unless they are sure fire top 15 guys, but you have to swing if you want to hit a HR.  

All good points

53 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If it seems like I'm being harsh on these guys realize it's because I have a high standard of excellence. These are the only guys who I can say with certainty are #1 caliber guys on a title team right now.

Giannis

Jokic

Luka

Steph

Kawhi

Butler

LeBron/Durant probably could but who knows next year with the aging and durability problems. Tatum is borderline. Embiid is good enough but needs to prove he's mentally tough enough to do it. No one else is in consideration.

butler got outscored by bryn forbes in a series he got swept btw, that was last year. he also has only scored over 23 points in the playoffs one time in his career. i think the list is way higher btw. like booker was a couple of plays from winning a title and tatum won 2 gms in the finals. and paul george is just as good as tatum. etc

48 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Wanna compare how all 3 played against the champs? 

jokic is so bad on defense in the playoffs, the last 3 teams they've played in the playoffs all put 120 offensive ratings on the nuggets. which is insanely good offense. the jazz were #1 this year at 116.7 and that is v reg szn defense. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

butler got outscored by bryn forbes in a series he got swept btw, that was last year. he also has only scored over 23 points in the playoffs one time in his career. i think the list is way higher btw. like booker was a couple of plays from winning a title and tatum won 2 gms in the finals. and paul george is just as good as tatum. etc

Butler also went toe to toe with LeBron in a finals, and outplayed Tatum in the ECF. Book has been non-existent in closeout games and when playing real superstars they have shown how big the gap between them is. Paul George doesn't belong anywhere near the conversation. Tatum, I'm iffy on, but the case against him is that he was arguably the 3rd best player on the losing team in the finals, and he's never been the best player in an ECF series or later. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Butler also went toe to toe with LeBron in a finals

not really, the lakers won 3 gms by double digits. that series wasn't that close. 

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

outplayed Tatum in the ECF

the Cs strategy that series was literally to let any player guard jimmy 1v1 and live with the results. the heat strategy was to take tatum out of the series. and jimmy still only scored 25 ppg. 

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Book has been non-existent in closeout games and when playing real superstars they have shown how big the gap between them is

he played lebron, jokic, and giannis last year in the playoffs and averaged 28 PPG on 47 FG% in those series but ok

maybe you think the mavs beat the suns because they were the better basketball team lol and not because cp3 was hurt and ayton quit because he hates monty. 

If Knicks miss on Jalen Brunson, Malcolm Brogdon, they could shift focus on Kyrie Irving

As possible destinations go, the New York Knicks are working to clear salary-cap space, preparing to recruit Dallas Mavericks free-agent guard Jalen Brunson, sources say. He wanted a four-year, $55 million extension last offseason, but the Mavericks never made an offer, sources say. Because of the risk of losing Brunson for nothing to the Knicks, where his former agent, Leon Rose, is the president of basketball operations, and his father, Rick, is a newly hired assistant coach, it could take nearly a max contract for the Mavericks to keep him. If the Knicks fail to acquire Brunson in free agency and lose out on a trade for Indiana Pacers guard Malcolm Brogdon, they would probably take a look at the possibility of Kyrie Irving — if he was still available. – via Adrian Wojnarowski @ ESPN

If the Knicks miss on Jalen Brunson and Malcolm Brogdon they might shift their attention to Kyrie... What a time to be alive.

Edited by NYRaider