NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He played for the Warriors with no Steph, no Klay, and Poole was a rookie and they finished with the worst record in the league. On a healthy Warriors squad, he sees no minutes. 

Nonsense. He's a viable 3&D player who can hit shots and defend well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Higher 3 point % and doesn’t cost 10Mil plus taking on Noel. Not saying CoJo is good, just saying the only plus to Burks is his shooting and CoJo was just fine for his 4M a year and not paying Noel.  Burks in essence cost us 20M. For that we could have just signed Brunson or Sexton.

You weren't getting either, my dude. Otherwise your GM would've made a play for them. Simple fact is you aren't a destination spot. Welcome to the modern NBA. 

Burks also defends at a solid-to-high level, unlike Sexton. You're bitching for nothing right now. 

If it was just getting Burks for 10m, it’s a whatever deal.  Nothing exciting, nothing awful.  Having to take on Noel, just trash and disappointing. Hell go sign Gary Harris, Jeremy’s Lamb or Bryan Forbes for cheap if we need a back up SG without adding another 10M bum who won’t play any minutes.

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If it was just getting Burks for 10m, it’s a whatever deal.  Nothing exciting, nothing awful.  Having to take on Noel, just trash and disappointing. Hell go sign Gary Harris, Jeremy’s Lamb or Bryan Forbes for cheap if we need a back up SG without adding another 10M bum who won’t play any minutes.

Question. If you were Jalen Brunson or Collin Sexton, would you sign with a team that just drafted two guards #1 and #5? 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Question. If you were Jalen Brunson or Collin Sexton, would you sign with a team that just drafted two guards #1 and #5? 

Nope, and I get it, was more a point of I’d rather spend the money on a good player than taking on more junk.  As I said above, I’d rather just sign a vet backup 2 like Gary Harris or Lamb or Monk than to take on Noel.  And it would likely cost less than 10M. Burks is ok, but isn’t special. And isn’t in the long term plans. So what’s the point? 

14 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Nope, and I get it, was more a point of I’d rather spend the money on a good player than taking on more junk.  As I said above, I’d rather just sign a vet backup 2 like Gary Harris or Lamb or Monk than to take on Noel.  And it would likely cost less than 10M. Burks is ok, but isn’t special. And isn’t in the long term plans. So what’s the point? 

The point is to surround your young guys with viable NBA talent to learn from and not just everyday junk like Harris and Lamb. Those are vet min guys that add nothing to your team. You're underselling Burks and what he brings. He's going to be nothing but good for Ivey and Bey. You don't have to be "special" to be worth your salt. Burks redefined himself and became a perfect plug and play piece in his role in the modern NBA. He hits 3s at a high clip on solid volume and he defends well. 

3 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

20 months ago luke kennard was the best player on the pistons and now we're getting mad because they're maintaining cap flexibility to build around 6 first round picks for when they're actually ready to compete? couldn't be me

Cade, Ivey, Bey, and Duren are the future.

10 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

20 months ago luke kennard was the best player on the pistons and now we're getting mad because they're maintaining cap flexibility to build around 6 first round picks for when they're actually ready to compete? couldn't be me

The pair of 2nd round picks isn’t a bad little incentive either. The Miami 2024 pick will be pretty late, but having their own back in 2023 could still be nice. Always good to get a couple more cracks at it.