NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

According to NBA insider Shams Charania, the three other teams that had significant interest in a potential trade for the enigmatic Nets superstar were the Dallas Mavericks, the Miami Heat, and the Philadelphia 76ers: “There were a couple of other teams that were poking around at him in opt-in-and-trade scenarios: Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia,” Shams said on the Pat McAfee Show, via ClutchPoints on Twitter. “But at the end of the day, he made a move where he said, ‘I’m gonna commit. I’m gonna go back to Brooklyn, I’m gonna opt-in.”

There’s no indication that the Heat wants to move on from 36-year-old Kyle Lowry – who is very close with Jimmy Butler – but Pat Riley has said that Lowry needs to get in better shape. The Heat has assured Lowry that it has no intention of trading him for Brooklyn’s Kyrie Irving, according to a source briefed on the situation. We’re told that Lowry wasn’t upset when Riley said publicly that his conditioning must improve

5 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yea I read that, very much hope that’s leverage in our pursuit of Collins. I’m still holding out hope for Collins and Huerter. 

What are you trading to Atlanta for Collins and Huerter?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Idk I’m just spitballing.  Throw in some picks.

It doesn't work financially and I'd guess that Atlanta will look to consolidate some of their young talent to try and bring in a third star.