UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

Guys I have a strong feeling that the next head coach of the Chicago Bears will be someone from the New Orleans Saints, bet it Carmichael, Campbell or Allen.

Not saying it's a guarantee but we should all be prepared for it to happen.

Last time around rumor had it that Pace was going to hire Doug Marrone if not for Fox being released from Denver and basically being convinced to go with Fox. As you know, Marrone was a former OC for the Saints during Pace's tenure there.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Guys I have a strong feeling that the next head coach of the Chicago Bears will be someone from the New Orleans Saints, bet it Carmichael, Campbell or Allen.

Last time around rumor had it that Pace was going to hire Doug Marrone if not for Fox being released from Denver and basically being convinced to go with Fox. As you know, Marrone was a former OC for the Saints during Pace's tenure there.

John Morton also worked for the Saints in 2 different stints.

Also probably provides there only chance of keeping Fangio.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Good point. Keep forgetting about Morton but he's an under the radar guy who could very well get the job.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I would love to know who Campbell who could convince to work under him because as a leader he clearly has something...just concerns me about the Xs & Os.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If I had to put together a top 5 to interview in order

1. Matt Nagy

2. John DeFilippo

3. Matt Patricia

4. Frank Reich

5. Matthew Lafleur

All 5 coaches will be coaching in the playoffs.  Looks like they will have to wait to interview Nagy, LaFleur and Carmichael right away due to preparations for the wild card games. 

Guys who will likely get interviewed right away are Patricia, One of or both of the Philly coaches, Shurmur, Morton, etc.

Does Pace look to move fast?

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You've said that in a few threads, why is Morton the most likely to keep Fangio?

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

All 5 coaches will be coaching in the playoffs.  Looks like they will have to wait to interview Nagy, LaFleur and Carmichael right away due to preparations for the wild card games. 

Guys who will likely get interviewed right away are Patricia, One of or both of the Philly coaches, Shurmur, Morton, etc.

Does Pace look to move fast?

I would have to think so... the quicker he moves, the quicker that coach can get to work on hiring his assistants.

The 49ers had to wait for Shanahan... have you taken a look at that staff? Yuck.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Allbright: Bears have Toub close to the top of their list.

Interesting... I would have to think Toub is Ballard's top choice, but that's pure conjecture on my part.

Curious who he has in mind for his OC/DC.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They worked together for 4 years in San Francisco.

Better than nothing when going to Vic.

Ideally it'd be good to keep Fangio along with the next head coach but by no means does Pace make it a mandatory condition.  The defense has been playing well enough to want some continuity there.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Always loved Toub but again who is he bringing with him?...especially as an OC.

I mean there's a chance he could bring DeFillipo. There is a semi connection there with knowing Doug Pederson.

I like Toub but I don't think he ends up in Chicago. Bears hiring him would tell me that Pace isn't really in charge and I think I'd much rather them hire an offensive HC to pair with MT10.

Just now, topwop1 said:

I mean there's a chance he could bring DeFillipo. There is a semi connection there with knowing Doug Pederson.

I like Toub but I don't think he ends up in Chicago. Bears hiring him would tell me that Pace isn't really in charge and I think I'd much rather them hire an offensive HC to pair with MT10.

I would much rather have an offensive guy but I would take Toub before any defensive guy out there.

Archived