PC Gamers and Tech

Figured since there was dedicated threads for console players I would start one for PC enthusiasts and gamers to discuss not just the gaming aspect, but hardware/software/peripherals. 

So I guess I will lead it off with this, I was looking for new mouse and keyboard combo. Having a laptop, gaming PC and 3 total monitors--I needed something that could switch between the laptop/desktop with ease. So tired of using 2 keyboards and 2 mice on my desk. In my research online I discovered the Logitech MX series and picked up a MX mouse that can swap between 3 different connections via Unifier dongle. 

It has been a game changer for me so far. Only bad part is that I got Gen1 which requires you to hit a button on the bottom of the mouse to switch between devices. Wish I knew the 'Flow' software was a thing and was issued with the Gen2 mouse.

Also to complete the keyboard part of it (after using a cheapo RedDragon mechanical RBG) I spent all day deciding between the Logitech MX Mechanical Mini and the Logitech G 915 TKL. Both wireless, both looked incredible. It just came down to if I wanted to spend $150 on a more office/work type of keyboard or a gaming RGB mechanical. Decided to go with the G915 TKL because lets be honest, I couldnt resist the RGB look compared to the 'office pro' look of a MX Mechanical.

Hope it works great! What has your new additions been?

Edited by AkronsWitness

I use a USB switch that has my keyboard, mouse, and camera attached to it, so I press one button and all the devices switch between my work computer and personal computer. I also have both computers each connected to both of my monitors so I can switch them whenever I want. It works out great. 

This is the USB switch I use: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7YNN3S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We had a thread already(kinda) if you want to read up on other stuff: 

I have an MX mouse but I don't use it for gaming, just work/productivity. I'm quite the simp for Logitech though. I have a G502 Hero mouse, the G710+ mechanical key board too(almost 10 years old and still going mostly strong). 

I think one of my best additions in the last was buying a legit headset. I picked up a Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless headset I wouldn't call it a budget option but not really splurging either. I love it. Sounds great, it's comfortable, and I just really wanted a good wireless headset. Batter lasts forever, I charge it over night every couple days, never had a low power sounds play. My only complaint is, and I admit it's pretty minor is that it's a bit dated since it charged with micro-usb instead of usb-c. 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I use a USB switch that has my keyboard, mouse, and camera attached to it, so I press one button and all the devices switch between my work computer and personal computer. I also have both computers each connected to both of my monitors so I can switch them whenever I want. It works out great. 

This is the USB switch I use: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7YNN3S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very nice, I have a feeling Im not maximizing my setup at all like that because Im not overly tech savvy. Plus, I have this giant Dell dock in the middle of my desk that Ive spaghetti wired all my monitors into and still have to change the one by switching the on-screen input from VGA to HDMI1 everytime I toggle between screens.

My work laptop is on my left, gaming/personal monitor on my right. The monitor in the middle is used to make whichever CPU im using 'duel screen' so Im constantly flipping the input on it every 20min lol

8 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

We had a thread already(kinda) if you want to read up on other stuff: 

I have an MX mouse but I don't use it for gaming, just work/productivity. I'm quite the simp for Logitech though. I have a G502 Hero mouse, the G710+ mechanical key board too(almost 10 years old and still going mostly strong). 

I think one of my best additions in the last was buying a legit headset. I picked up a Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless headset I wouldn't call it a budget option but not really splurging either. I love it. Sounds great, it's comfortable, and I just really wanted a good wireless headset. Batter lasts forever, I charge it over night every couple days, never had a low power sounds play. My only complaint is, and I admit it's pretty minor is that it's a bit dated since it charged with micro-usb instead of usb-c. 

My bad never even saw that one, but yeah Im extremely loyal to 3 tech brands. LG, Logitech and Google. My TVs and washer/dryer are all LG, cell is Pixel 6 and streaming devices are Chromecasts, and all of my PC accessories are Logitech lol 

I was actually thinking about getting a wireless headset too. Im transitioning all of my stuff from wired to wireless now because the technology is at a point where there is no latency. I have always wanted a pair that can be used for gaming and everyday life that dont scream 'this is a gamer headset' but have yet to find a pair that has a internal mic

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

My bad never even saw that one, but yeah Im extremely loyal to 3 tech brands. LG, Logitech and Google. My TVs and washer/dryer are all LG, cell is Pixel 6 and streaming devices are Chromecasts, and all of my PC accessories are Logitech lol 

I was actually thinking about getting a wireless headset too. Im transitioning all of my stuff from wired to wireless now because the technology is at a point where there is no latency. I have always wanted a pair that can be used for gaming and everyday life that dont scream 'this is a gamer headset' but have yet to find a pair that has a internal mic

For me it's Logitech and EVGA. I'll only ever have Nvidia GPUs because of EVGA. 

While it's more of a gamer brand, the Steelseries headsets don't scream "gamer" but I would never wear them out and about. 

13 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

For me it's Logitech and EVGA. I'll only ever have Nvidia GPUs because of EVGA. 

While it's more of a gamer brand, the Steelseries headsets don't scream "gamer" but I would never wear them out and about. 

Yeah I agree, I cant believe there is not a company out there that hasnt made a 2 in 1 headset yet that can double both as a PC headset + everyday wear. I saw Astro has some with internal mics, but they are basically loud RGB headsets that I would never mow the lawn with or take with me traveling through a airport. 

Like Bose or JBL dont make a headset with a internal mic that you can connect to your bluetooth on PC? Cmon

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah I agree, I cant believe there is not a company out there that hasnt made a 2 in 1 headset yet that can double both as a PC headset + everyday wear. I saw Astro has some with internal mics, but they are basically loud RGB headsets that I would never mow the lawn with or take with me traveling through a airport. 

Like Bose or JBL dont make a headset with a internal mic that you can connect to your bluetooth on PC? Cmon

My experience with bluetooth on PC has been bad, really noticeable audio lag with just simple things, like watching youtube videos. Maybe I had a bad internal card but I think Windows might just have some poor bluetooth software too.

Also, the Logitech G915 TKL came today and man this thing is awesome.  Got it off Ebay from a tech wholesale seller for only $89 in 'slightly used' condition. The keyboard was still in the plastic when it arrived so it feel like it is brand new. 

The lighting effects you can use with the Logi software are crazy. Now, I wish I could find another lighting system management tool for my actual PC tower that actually works lol

I wanted to join in on the fun.  

I’m a Logitech guy as well. I have the G pro keyboard, the G pro wireless mouse, the G935 wireless headset and the G560 speakers and sub.  I think all their products work flawlessly.  

I ordered a bunch of stuff off Amazon to help cable manage a bit with my new desk. Maybe I’ll post a pic after.  

13 hours ago, Squanchy said:

I wanted to join in on the fun.  

I’m a Logitech guy as well. I have the G pro keyboard, the G pro wireless mouse, the G935 wireless headset and the G560 speakers and sub.  I think all their products work flawlessly.  

I ordered a bunch of stuff off Amazon to help cable manage a bit with my new desk. Maybe I’ll post a pic after.  

Maybe you can help me then. I ordered the MX 2s mouse because it has Logitech 'Flow' where you can just move between 2 computers without having to manually hit the device toggle on the bottom of the mouse everytime you switch between them.

Problem is, I have Logitech Options downloaded on my work laptop and downloaded on my personal gaming PC, but they dont connect despite being on the same wifi, ect.

Any idea? I reached out to Logitech support and they said it could be because my work laptop has firewalls/security on it that is blocking the connectivity. If thats the case Im going to be really pissed I just bought a $80 mouse for 1 reason that doesnt even work and I have to manually hit the button to go between computers every 10 seconds.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Maybe you can help me then. I ordered the MX 2s mouse because it has Logitech 'Flow' where you can just move between 2 computers without having to manually hit the device toggle on the bottom of the mouse everytime you switch between them.

Problem is, I have Logitech Options downloaded on my work laptop and downloaded on my personal gaming PC, but they dont connect despite being on the same wifi, ect.

Any idea? I reached out to Logitech support and they said it could be because my work laptop has firewalls/security on it that is blocking the connectivity. If thats the case Im going to be really pissed I just bought a $80 mouse for 1 reason that doesnt even work and I have to manually hit the button to go between computers every 10 seconds.

I actually had the Logitech MX vertical I think it’s called to help with my tennis elbow.   It didn’t really work out for me feel wise. I do remember I had it connected to my work laptop and my personal laptop simultaneously.  I don’t remember having any issues.  No software installed though that I can recall.  I only had it for a few weeks prior to returning it. 

I work from home most of the time as well.  Currently I’m using a small usb c keyboard and my old deathadder mouse for work.  I have the gigabyte M28U with the usb c kvm switch to go between my work laptop and the gigabyte monitor.  I plan on maybe testing out the upstream input on the monitor and connect my g pro keyboard and mouse so I can use for work   But I also don’t want any latency issues either if gaming   We’ll see though   

Sorry I didn’t have any definitive answers.  

14 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

I actually had the Logitech MX vertical I think it’s called to help with my tennis elbow.   It didn’t really work out for me feel wise. I do remember I had it connected to my work laptop and my personal laptop simultaneously.  I don’t remember having any issues.  No software installed though that I can recall.  I only had it for a few weeks prior to returning it. 

I work from home most of the time as well.  Currently I’m using a small usb c keyboard and my old deathadder mouse for work.  I have the gigabyte M28U with the usb c kvm switch to go between my work laptop and the gigabyte monitor.  I plan on maybe testing out the upstream input on the monitor and connect my g pro keyboard and mouse so I can use for work   But I also don’t want any latency issues either if gaming   We’ll see though   

Sorry I didn’t have any definitive answers.  

Yeah, Im not really sure what to do. I bought the original MX mouse online then after it arrived I realized that the 2nd version allows the 'flow' software to work. So I bought the s2 mouse. Now I cant get the Flow software to work between computers since my work PC is so locked down by firewalls/virus protection. So now I have 2 mice here that were fairly expensive and neither one does what I was looking for lol

I will say, the G 915 TKL keyboard I bought is amazing. So there is that. Its mechanical to give you that clicky sound when you type/game, but it doesnt use tall key caps with a long press like I am used to. Going back to a keyboard with short Brown switches and smaller key caps--I am typing so fast on this thing now.

Edited by AkronsWitness