Julio Jones signs with the Bucs (1 year $6M, with $2M in incentives)

ravishingone

ppl out here on twitter really pumping this up this signing

dont get me wrong i really like Julio, HOF player, class act

but imo Gage is the better player at this point in their careers

that 5th WR spot is insane

wish we could try and trade one of the guys for a late pick or something but i think its between Perriman, Darden, Grayson, Thompkins for that last spot 

On 7/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ppl out here on twitter really pumping this up this signing

dont get me wrong i really like Julio, HOF player, class act

but imo Gage is the better player at this point in their careers

that 5th WR spot is insane

wish we could try and trade one of the guys for a late pick or something but i think its between Perriman, Darden, Grayson, Thompkins for that last spot 

Yeah i mean he's definitely not the same guy but not sure i'd go that far saying he's worse than Gage. Julio was still drawing attention in 2020 just wasnt healthy. Julio as a #3 or #4 is dangerous in my opinion. It's still a low risk signing. I can see Perrimen being an odd man out. 

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

So he's hinting on being a TE right? 

I don't think so. I'd guess it means we're gonna run the offense more through the WRs than we did with Gronk. We don't need Brate to catch 50+ passes like we did with Gronk. Those targets can go to the WRs.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 12:00 AM, bucsfan333 said:

I don't think so. I'd guess it means we're gonna run the offense more through the WRs than we did with Gronk. We don't need Brate to catch 50+ passes like we did with Gronk. Those targets can go to the WRs.

Arians offensive scheme never really featured TE's much until he got here and we ended up being stacked at the position. I'm sure Byron has made some tweaks working with Brady but i see more 4 wide sets coming up and maybe using the TE as a FB in scenarios.

43 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Arians offensive scheme never really featured TE's much until he got here and we ended up being stacked at the position. I'm sure Byron has made some tweaks working with Brady but i see more 4 wide sets coming up and maybe using the TE as a FB in scenarios.

Yeah. Brady wanting Gronk forced the offense to evolve. I imagine we'll go back to more of what BA/Byron did in Arizona now. But with more RBs in the passing game. 

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. Brady wanting Gronk forced the offense to evolve. I imagine we'll go back to more of what BA/Byron did in Arizona now. But with more RBs in the passing game. 

My first thought was that the Offense would shift in Bradys direction a lot more with be relegated to a FO role

We'll have to see what they do

But I definitely think the rbs will be alot more involved #YaBoiRachaad