Preseason Week 2: Vikings @ Raiders

RaidersAreOne

Not a fan of preseason but watched the o-line out of desperation...

A few things:

• So I don't come across as a Eluemunor hater - I (and many others) were a fan last year and believed he should have been a starter at RT or RG
  • I didn't take into account who each player went against and the reduced competition as the game went on

Eluemunor: 

LT

• Some of the worst cut blocks I've seen (see 1st play and 1Q 3:46)
  • Feel like the refs weren't their usual selves - saw multiple false starts and holds that he got away with
  • Chip blocks made it worse for him and often put him out of position without the athleticism to recover
  • Overcommitted to his man multiple times and allowed stunts/shifts to the outside where the LG has no chance

RG Looked better - The zero help to Parham before moving to the second level led to a tfl though...

Simpson LG

• Still has a MAJOR tunnel vision issue where he locks onto his target and allows free runners on stunts/delayed blitzes
  • Outside of the above issue he does a solid job keeping his block

James C

•  Didn't see any issues with his game

Cotton RG

• Got beat pretty bad to an inside rip and didn't look great pulling... But otherwise held his own and showed good awareness passing on/picking up players

Munford RT

• Thought he did a real good job overall!
  • Could do with dropping a little deeper and may have gotten away with a hold on a swim move at 5:38~ in one of the quarters 👀 

Alex Bars LG

• Head was always on a swivel and did a good job picking up stunts etc.

Parham

C

• Some tunnel vision but not too bad

RG

• Did a good job pulling 

Barton

LT

• Thought he did a great job and looked massively more athletic than Eluemunor

RT

• Looked good here as well and I'd look more into him being the primary backup at both positions

Leatherwood RT

• At times he looked OK
  • At other times he was grabby including the missed chokehold at 3Q 9:18 that should have negated the TD play
  • Munford looked better to me...

Grassu C

• Some tunnel vision

Meredith RG + Olaseni LT + Wheatley LG

• Was mostly just running it down at this point and they did a solid job
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ryno said:

Not a fan of preseason but watched the o-line out of desperation...

A few things:

• So I don't come across as a Eluemunor hater - I (and many others) were a fan last year and believed he should have been a starter at RT or RG
  • I didn't take into account who each player went against and the reduced competition as the game went on

Eluemunor: 

LT

• Some of the worst cut blocks I've seen (see 1st play and 1Q 3:46)
  • Feel like the refs weren't their usual selves - saw multiple false starts and holds that he got away with
  • Chip blocks made it worse for him and often put him out of position without the athleticism to recover
  • Overcommitted to his man multiple times and allowed stunts/shifts to the outside where the LG has no chance

RG Looked better - The zero help to Parham before moving to the second level led to a tfl though...

Simpson LG

• Still has a MAJOR tunnel vision issue where he locks onto his target and allows free runners on stunts/delayed blitzes
  • Outside of the above issue he does a solid job keeping his block

James C

•  Didn't see any issues with his game

Cotton RG

• Got beat pretty bad to an inside rip and didn't look great pulling... But otherwise held his own and showed good awareness passing on/picking up players

Munford RT

• Thought he did a real good job overall!
  • Could do with dropping a little deeper and may have gotten away with a hold on a swim move at 5:38~ in one of the quarters 👀 

Alex Bars LG

• Head was always on a swivel and did a good job picking up stunts etc.

Parham

C

• Some tunnel vision but not too bad

RG

• Did a good job pulling 

Barton

LT

• Thought he did a great job and looked massively more athletic than Eluemunor

RT

• Looked good here as well and I'd look more into him being the primary backup at both positions

Leatherwood RT

• At times he looked OK
  • At other times he was grabby including the missed chokehold at 3Q 9:18 that should have negated the TD play
  • Munford looked better to me...

Grassu C

• Some tunnel vision

Meredith RG + Olaseni LT + Wheatley LG

• Was mostly just running it down at this point and they did a solid job

Good write up but I thought Eluemunor played pretty well tbh, though I’ll admit I wasn’t watching as closely as you and probably lack a little OL knowledge 😄😄. I did see a couple snaps that he looked very close to false starting though as you noted and thought the zebras might have missed one!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Good write up but I thought Eluemunor played pretty well tbh, though I’ll admit I wasn’t watching as closely as you and probably lack a little OL knowledge 😄😄. I did see a couple snaps that he looked very close to false starting though as you noted and thought the zebras might have missed one!

Yeah I probably am being a little harsh on him considering this is the first I've heard of him playing LT...

*I'd still put him above Leatherwood and give him props for the versatility though! 

I can't remember if this forum isn't a fan of Barton or if I'm confusing that with Sam Young but I thought he did a really good job at both sides and hope to see more.

• Like 1