Preseason Week 2: Vikings @ Raiders

RaidersAreOne

Really don’t know what to make of Leatherwood anymore. A 7th round pick got work in a game ahead of him. Can say they wanted to get a look at him but if Leatherwood is the guy they should be giving him all the chances needed to get better. Feels like they’re begging and hoping one of the other young guys step up. 

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

She is absolutely the worst. I have no clue why she has the job she does lol

Not trying to be mean/sexist/whatever pisses people off these days, but for the longest time I legitimately thought it was a man commentating. Such an awkward, deep, scratchy voice.

Not to mention the entire commentating crew kept talking over one another.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not trying to be mean/sexist/whatever pisses people off these days, but for the longest time I legitimately thought it was a man commentating. Such an awkward, deep, scratchy voice.

Not to mention the entire commentating crew kept talking over one another.

I'd think you were trying to be those things if you're not treating her as you would everyone else lol. 

I remember when she did the first MNF game a woman called with Rex Ryan. One of the worst things I've ever had the displeasure of hearing lol. Some things I just don't understand....

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Really don’t know what to make of Leatherwood anymore. A 7th round pick got work in a game ahead of him. Can say they wanted to get a look at him but if Leatherwood is the guy they should be giving him all the chances needed to get better. Feels like they’re begging and hoping one of the other young guys step up. 

I don’t get it he didn’t play till the 2nd half then he played to the end of the game all at rt. Looked good vs scrubs tho. Ele was solid and played lt, rt and rg 

Just watched the second PS game and though we have to keep perspective, I'm quite impressed again:

Interior DL looked decent when Billings and Peko were in. They routinely won the PoA and my boy Billings flashed quickness and power (though he does end up on the floor too much). Peko had some good moments too and they won the battle against the Vikings interior OL. Once they changed to Butler, Butler, and Farrell they lost the battle inside and were routinely driven off the ball. Bit disappointed in Neil Farrell as I thought he'd look better, he has plenty of time though.........

Eluemunor looked very good I thought at LT and held his own on an island a few times. Munford on the other side wasn't terrible but the interior OL that started struggled and looked a bit weak. Leatherwood did OK but of course he was running against 3rd and 4th string players so not sure we can glean anything from that really.

Liked the use of the RBs again, varied it nicely and they all showed something, making defenders miss. Is it just me or does Britton Brown have a style that reminds of the great Roger Craig? High knees, long body, and that lateral cut..........not comparing talent level of course, just the way he runs.

WR catching seemed to be much more secure and DJ Turner flashed some. TEs were heavily involved in blocking and route running and I think that's something that carries through. Loved a couple PA passes that worked well. I expect us to do more of that this year too.

There seemed to be good discipline, not many penalties and by comparison, Minnesota looked ill-disciplined.

Stidham looked comfortable again and in control, not afraid to tuck and run. Mullins is definitely falling behind him in the backup race.