The Lord of the Rings is better than any movie, anime, or tv show ever

NeptunePenguins

It’s not even the best novel adaptation ever.

And no LOTR movie is a top 75 movie ever made.

ROTK is the best in the franchise.

I’d say ROTK is easily a top 500 film ever made, but top 250 is where I wouldn’t say it’s obvious.

I could list 250 objectively better films.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’d say ROTK is easily a top 500 film ever made, but top 250 is where I wouldn’t say it’s obvious.

OP is trolling. He said he hasn’t even seen LOTR.

With that said, I’ve been thinking about making a thread about novel adaptations. Which one would you say is the best? Out of those where I have experienced both the book and movie, I’d say it’s The Godfather.

51 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

OP is trolling. He said he hasn’t even seen LOTR.

With that said, I’ve been thinking about making a thread about novel adaptations. Which one would you say is the best? Out of those where I have experienced both the book and movie, I’d say it’s The Godfather.

Jurassic Park was better than the novel.

The Princess Bride was as well.

Jaws.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jurassic Park was better than the novel.

The Princess Bride was as well.

Jaws.

Jurassic Park is debatable, but it’s hard for the book to compete with the stunning visuals in the movie. I’ve heard that about Jaws. I’ve also heard it about Forrest Gump and Fight Club.

The Godfather novel is great, but the movie is one of the best. It’s worth noting that Mario Puzo wrote both, so he was able to stay true to his vision. Adaptations often have a different screenwriter.

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Nah. FOTR is still the best of the trilogy and most faithful adaptation. While I love the large scale battles in ROTK, it was just missing the intimacy of FOTR.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Jurassic Park is debatable, but it’s hard for the book to compete with the stunning visuals in the movie. I’ve heard that about Jaws. I’ve also heard it about Forrest Gump and Fight Club.

The Godfather novel is great, but the movie is one of the best. It’s worth noting that Mario Puzo wrote both, so he was able to stay true to his vision. Adaptations often have a different screenwriter.

I preferred JP the movie way more than the book. I really loved the changes SS made to JP, and Jaws. The cheating storyline in the Jaws book really took away from the story.