Week 1 GDT Texans vs Colts

lumberjackchris

On 9/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, ET80 said:

Even the most optimistic view from me has the Texans losing by 10+. Don't lose by 20+ and I'll consider this a positive development.

So - team exceeded my expectations by a lot. In a year of a rebuild, I’m actually excited.

16 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Lovie and staff got coach better. Inexcusable to just go conservative in the middle of the 3rd quarter….

This and also Mills needed to play better. He looked lost out there once they needed him to move the ball again. 

Glad they were able to at least salvage a tie, but could have easily been a big win to start the season which makes it hurt.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Playing for a tie is exactly why Lovie Smith was unemployed for so long. Just a pathetic showing, show some courage in trying to win.

I think he played it right. If it was 4th and 1 I’d be upset, but it was 4 and 3 and they were at midfield and the offense wasn’t out there really clicking so I wouldn’t be confident in them converting. The 3rd and 1 play call was rough, I think that more of an issue than punting on 4th down.

Just now, Marco79 said:

I think he played it right. If it was 4th and 1 I’d be upset, but it was 4 and 3 and they were at midfield and the offense wasn’t out there really clicking so I wouldn’t be confident in them converting. The 3rd and 1 play call was rough, I think that more of an issue than punting on 4th down.

I find both appalling - the play call on 3rd/1 and just giving up on the win (which is exactly what happened).

22 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

This and also Mills needed to play better. He looked lost out there once they needed him to move the ball again. 

Glad they were able to at least salvage a tie, but could have easily been a big win to start the season which makes it hurt.

That falls on the coaching staff. You we were rolling then they decided to get conservative on both sides of the ball in the middle of the 3rd quarter…..

That threw the whole team out of rhythm 

1 minute ago, amazingandre said:

Mills ain't it. There is just something about him that reeks of mediocre. Will be a frustrating year seeing all the team potential being held back by Mills. 

I agree 100%. The Texans franchise QB would've gotten the win with ONE of those opportunities, and not just **** all over himself. I wanna see Kyle Allen at some point. 

3 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Mills ain't it.

Agree 100%. He’s good enough to keep a team competitive, but he’s a .500 QB at his absolute best. He’s someone who needs everything to go right to make plays - if someone misses a block or doesn’t run a route 100% cleanly, he’s going to fail. 

Game was on the line for him to build his base, and he couldn’t make the play. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Agree 100%. He’s good enough to keep a team competitive, but he’s a .500 QB at his absolute best. He’s someone who needs everything to go right to make plays - if someone misses a block or doesn’t run a route 100% cleanly, he’s going to fail. 

Game was on the line for him to build his base, and he couldn’t make the play. 

He reminds me of Sage. He will make a throw that gets you excited, but have 5 plays in a row where you are like wtf man. Today he held the ball too long, didn't check down quick enough, didn't have a good feel for the pocket, just couldn't get out of his own way. He had like 5 possessions to ice the game or win it and failed miserably each time. 

• Like 1

I'm still in the middle with Mills. 

I'm not mad at Lovie. If this were week 10 and they were getting killed record wise, go ahead and go for the win on 4th and 3. In week one, Texans believe they can shock folk this season. Get the tie instead of the loss and get started on week 2 prep. Win week 2, no one is thinking about week 1.

I'm more upset at the 3rd and 1 call with Burkhead. Either let Pierce run or call a pass. Keep putting Mills in positions to see how he responds. 

Also find out how the hell Tunsil missed that read. 

• Like 1