Week 1 GDT Texans vs Colts

lumberjackchris

6 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

He reminds me of Sage. He will make a throw that gets you excited, but have 5 plays in a row where you are like wtf man. Today he held the ball too long, didn't check down quick enough, didn't have a good feel for the pocket, just couldn't get out of his own way. He had like 5 possessions to ice the game or win it and failed miserably each time. 

I think it’s a little premature to write him off. His 4th quarter and OT were terrible, especially the first possession of OT both of the sacks were on him, but it’s just two quarters. The other three quarters were good and he made some impressive throws. He’s still such a young QB with limited game experience, he’s going to go through his ups and downs. The comp to Sage is interesting, but the difference is that Sage was almost 30 and a 6 year pro before he started to show anything. Mills is 23 and he has plenty of time to learn and grow. Sage was who he was going to be at that point.

20 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I'm more upset at the 3rd and 1 call with Burkhead.

I honestly take both decisions as a tandem deal:

- IF you run that play with Burkhead, you have intentions on running your absolute best play to get 5 yards on 4th down. 

- If you think you might punt on 4th down, you have to call your absolute best play to get 5 yards on 4th down. If it doesn’t work, punt.

At some point in the course of those two plays, you have to make a decision that you want to win the game. That didn’t happen.

• Like 3

Mills played well, there’s no need for an emotional response, he is definitely the best QB of his draft class right now. 

What needs to be fixed is the same issues that have persisted for a long time, Oline scheming and the run game. Running it at the end like that when you know Burkhead won’t deliver and hasn’t all game is just bad decision making. 

And the conservative play calling really killed it, when we punted instead of letting a good kicker take the chance is ridiculous especially when we were losing momentum fast

Undefeated still tho 

3 hours ago, Marco79 said:

I think he played it right. If it was 4th and 1 I’d be upset, but it was 4 and 3 and they were at midfield and the offense wasn’t out there really clicking so I wouldn’t be confident in them converting. The 3rd and 1 play call was rough, I think that more of an issue than punting on 4th down.

It wasn’t clicking cause him and Pep made the cowardly decision to do a boring run down the middle at 4th and 1st in potentially a season tone setting play. A win would be huge for the team and give so many players so much confidence 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Drained said:

Mills played well, there’s no need for an emotional response, he is definitely the best QB of his draft class right now. 

What needs to be fixed is the same issues that have persisted for a long time, Oline scheming and the run game. Running it at the end like that when you know Burkhead won’t deliver and hasn’t all game is just bad decision making. 

And the conservative play calling really killed it, when we punted instead of letting a good kicker take the chance is ridiculous especially when we were losing momentum fast

Undefeated still tho 

Being the best turd doesn't make you good. On paper he played ok, but when it mattered most, he **** the bed. That's ok, he has room to grow, but we still need to accept things as they happen. Let's see how he bounces back next week. 

The division is trash so we are tied for first lol

• Like 2