Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

14 hours ago, -Hope- said:

literally who is doing this lmao. who around here (or *anywhere*) is like "actually the AJ brown trade was good and smart and i'm happy it happened." please tell me

Someone literally just quoted me a page or two ago saying they believe it was the right move.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Someone literally just quoted me a page or two ago saying they believe it was the right move.

then speak to them directly instead of this vague hand-wringing about how you're not calling anyone out or whatever. the overwhelming consensus among titans fans everywhere i've seen is that it was a nightmare move. if you're intent on picking a fight with the one guy who feels differently, that's up to you i guess.

Just reading the last page regarding Big Jeff. 

Yes. Let there be carnage.

As you already know, I already want Robinson on the seat for totally ******* the 2020 & 2021 drafts, and AJB deal, but if we can't pay Simmons then I think I'm beyond firing the GM. 

We're at sell the team territory or start watching someone else on Sundays who afford their players.

Just now, -Hope- said:

then speak to them directly instead of this vague hand-wringing about how you're not calling anyone out or whatever. the overwhelming consensus among titans fans everywhere i've seen is that it was a nightmare move. if you're intent on picking a fight with the one guy who feels differently, that's up to you i guess.

Why do that when I get such great reactions out of you for accidentally forgetting to quote someone one time from my phone?

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Why do that when I get such great reactions out of you for accidentally forgetting to quote someone one time from my phone?

because you come across like a petulant child, and it's annoying. but it's a good point, and probably a better idea to just mute you instead.

Just now, -Hope- said:

because you come across like a petulant child, and it's annoying. but it's a good point, and probably a better idea to just mute you instead. 

Because insulting someone and blocking them is entirely what a mature person would do.

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Do you think these deals are being held back because of Amy not wanting to front the cash flow on guaranteed parts of the deal? 

I think that is real, but also question it.  I would think the league has a built in process to avoid "rich" teams from getting a competitive advantage. But I know it's real. I think mainly it is with the signing bonus which needs to be paid right away, opposed to the contract. 

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If we are indeed unable to “afford” a guy like Simmons…in what would could we ever win a super bowl unless we have the next Pat Mahomes on his rookie deal?

How could any team no in NY, LA and such. 
Green Bay is smaller than us but they are paying guys.

I think it's overblown, but we shall see. Made Lewan the highest paid OT at the time. Made Byard the highest paid Safety at the time, if I'm not mistaken. 

But this organization can't shake the cheap label from when we had to cut those guys back in 04 and didn't pay Hanesworth. 

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

How could any team no in NY, LA and such. 
Green Bay is smaller than us but they are paying guys.

I think it's overblown, but we shall see. Made Lewan the highest paid OT at the time. Made Byard the highest paid Safety at the time, if I'm not mistaken. 

But this organization can't shake the cheap label from when we had to cut those guys back in 04 and didn't pay Hanesworth. 

I don't think we're a cheap franchise at all -- I recognize the Lewan/Byard/Tanny/Dupree/Landry deals

I just know there's some sort of truth to this rich owner thing. Maybe it is overblown, maybe there's something there

I do think we'll extend Simmons. But that quote is really concerning.

"We don't know where the money is going to come from"...figure it the F out

33 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don't think we're a cheap franchise at all -- I recognize the Lewan/Byard/Tanny/Dupree/Landry deals

I just know there's some sort of truth to this rich owner thing. Maybe it is overblown, maybe there's something there

I do think we'll extend Simmons. But that quote is really concerning.

"We don't know where the money is going to come from"...figure it the F out

the AJ situation was an exception, but it was such a brutally bad exception that it's got all of us shook, and rightfully so. however, probably useful to remember that it was indeed an exception, and until that point we generally had little issue keeping our elite young talent in nashville.