Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

58 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Will be SHOCKED if whatever team gets OBJ doesnt struggle in the playoffs

You dont just jump into a random team coming off an ACL injury and make a difference

stuff like this would turn me off if I was considering him

He hasn't been "THAT" guy since before he left New York. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He hasn't been "THAT" guy since before he left New York. 

Yea, I don't get the hype around this guy coming back. The more I looked into it, his numbers and reliability have gone down significantly year after year. Not gonna say he didn't make a significant difference for the rams but the media acts like Jordan is coming out of retirement to help a team win a chip.

He isn't the piece for Dallas, or Buffalo that gets them over the top imo.

47 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

You watch a team like San Fran. Who is currently on their third QB.

Is just a reminder that we aren't even the same hemisphere as some of these teams.

Talk about having the exact opposite issues with lack of talent that we have.

We are actively getting rid of it and they are just collecting it.

it's a risky call but this is pretty much the reason jon robinson is out of a job. look at the teams in the 2019 playoffs that are still successful now: buffalo, KC, SF, and kind of minnesota. buffalo, KC, and SF have stacked talent on talent to become conference powers while we did the polar opposite. minnesota failed to do so and had some rough seasons in the interim and guess what? they have a new HC and GM this year. jon robinson blew our window, plain and simple.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's a risky call but this is pretty much the reason jon robinson is out of a job. look at the teams in the 2019 playoffs that are still successful now: buffalo, KC, SF, and kind of minnesota. buffalo, KC, and SF have stacked talent on talent to become conference powers while we did the polar opposite. minnesota failed to do so and had some rough seasons in the interim and guess what? they have a new HC and GM this year. jon robinson blew our window, plain and simple.

It's so weird too. He assembled and got us talent then slowly took an axe to it over the past couple of years lol really strange.

11 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

It's so weird too. He assembled and got us talent then slowly took an axe to it over the past couple of years lol really strange.

We in no way had all-pro guy at every spot. I will say, I think it truly makes a difference when over majority of your slotted starters aren't playing. 
Why they aren't playing is another question. Is it that they are injury prone? Or just bad luck?

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We in no way had all-pro guy at every spot. I will say, I think it truly makes a difference when over majority of your slotted starters aren't playing. 
Why they aren't playing is another question. Is it that they are injury prone? Or just bad luck?

the 49ers have had nearly as many key injuries as we have. hell, we had more injuries last year. but our overall talent level is poor including the depth pieces (especially on the offensive line), *and* our offensive coaching is a disaster.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the 49ers have had nearly as many key injuries as we have. hell, we had more injuries last year. but our overall talent level is poor including the depth pieces (especially on the offensive line), *and* our offensive coaching is a disaster.

I think when you have injuries coaching is more important than ever. We showed we can do somethings early but it's just a combination of lack of talent and poor scheme. 

Our offensive coach compared to the the Niners is not even close.  But yea someone like the Niners have greater collection of talent and greater collection of stars (at key spots). 

I still feel that if we didn't have injuries we'd be leaps better than what we are, despite our coaches and scheme.  We wouldn't have all-pros but we'd have some good B level or C level players opposed to D level players.