Stafford or Rodgers

MdTitansFan56

I have Stafford in a superflex league. The elbow concerns this Summer scared me (he was a keeper set in June). Then after the week 1 performance I'm scared even more now. The guy with Rodgers sent me an offer for a swap. 

I have concerns with him as well WR group lacking. Afraid Stafford won't make it the year he looked awful, granted Buffalo is really good. The Oline looked completely lost, he got crushed by a team that didn't even draw up a blitz. 

I do think that this is an interesting question because I get the concern over the receivers. I think I'd still take Rodgers. They lost 38-3 last year to the Saints, remember. It's not like laying these type of eggs is unusual for the Packers (they also did so against the Cardinals last year despite getting the win...and then they Rodgers did it again against Seattle for fantasy purposes). I think the receivers should improve as the year goes on, and I wouldn't at all be shocked if it's so bad that they make some sort of move to fix it. Lazard will be back at some point and he's at least a competent WR. Overall, I still just think that Rodgers is the better QB. 

51 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I have Stafford in a superflex league. The elbow concerns this Summer scared me (he was a keeper set in June). Then after the week 1 performance I'm scared even more now. The guy with Rodgers sent me an offer for a swap. 

I have concerns with him as well WR group lacking. Afraid Stafford won't make it the year he looked awful, granted Buffalo is really good. The Oline looked completely lost, he got crushed by a team that didn't even draw up a blitz. 

I’d go Stafford. Buffalo has an elite defense. More than likely an outlier performance for the Rams. McVay has shown he is pretty much a lock for a top tier offense every year. Stafford in his first year in that system last year put up excellent fantasy numbers. The Rams also have much more proven and talented receiving threats this year (plus they get Van Jefferson back soon and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Odell Beckham resign at some point as well). Rodgers more than likely will be more “efficient” but won’t get those big bulk passing stats needed for fantasy football. There is some risk with Stafford’s elbow, but I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker at this time.