Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Stafford wouldnt have thrown a 3yd pass on a 4th and 8 with the season on the line. Stafford takes chances. Yes he gets picked off but he also play game-changing/winning plays. As I think Shannon Sharpe said today, its not like Cousins played bad, he just didnt make any high level plays like Jones was making.

And I heard something today that really blew my mind. On that 4th and 8 I heard that Cousins said his first look was Jefferson but he didnt feel comfortable throwing him the ball. Like what??? You will never hear Stafford say that about Kupp. Heck he threw Kupp a no look ball in the Superbowl just to get it to him. You didnt hear ARod say that about Davante. In a crucial drive in the playoffs last season ARod through it into double coverage trying to get it to Davante. With the game on the line you go to your best player and let him try to make a play. The worst that could happen is a bad result but even when Cousins tried to do the "smart thing" it still cost them. So Id rather lose knowing it was trying to go to Jefferson than lose going to Hockenson 5yds short of the 1st down.

So in long no Cousins isnt Stafford. Lets not forget Stafford had O'Connell as OC last season with talent. Cousins have O'Connell with talent. Still the same Cousins. Stafford won the Superbowl.

Don't compare the vikings with the rams of last year...I agree that Stafford is better and the last play of Cousins was awful but the reason why the vikings did not win was their awful defense....The Giants had only 2 punt(0 turnovers) yesterday and the Giants did not have a elite offense.The Vikings defense were awful all year long,the biggest reason why I never take the vikings seriously

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Stafford wouldnt have thrown a 3yd pass on a 4th and 8 with the season on the line. Stafford takes chances. Yes he gets picked off but he also play game-changing/winning plays. As I think Shannon Sharpe said today, its not like Cousins played bad, he just didnt make any high level plays like Jones was making.

And I heard something today that really blew my mind. On that 4th and 8 I heard that Cousins said his first look was Jefferson but he didnt feel comfortable throwing him the ball. Like what??? You will never hear Stafford say that about Kupp. Heck he threw Kupp a no look ball in the Superbowl just to get it to him. You didnt hear ARod say that about Davante. In a crucial drive in the playoffs last season ARod through it into double coverage trying to get it to Davante. With the game on the line you go to your best player and let him try to make a play. The worst that could happen is a bad result but even when Cousins tried to do the "smart thing" it still cost them. So Id rather lose knowing it was trying to go to Jefferson than lose going to Hockenson 5yds short of the 1st down.

So in long no Cousins isnt Stafford. Lets not forget Stafford had O'Connell as OC last season with talent. Cousins have O'Connell with talent. Still the same Cousins. Stafford won the Superbowl.

In that playoff game last year Rodgers should have just gone to the wide open underneath route. I think Lazard was running free, and already past the sticks. I get going to your best player, and it's a snap judgement in a crucial situation, but sometimes too much tunnel vision is bad. I think with Cousins in this particular situation was just throwing short of the sticks. Someone shouldn't even be running short of the sticks in that scenario. I'd rather Cousins get sacked with everyone past the sticks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

In that playoff game last year Rodgers should have just gone to the wide open underneath route. I think Lazard was running free, and already past the sticks. I get going to your best player, and it's a snap judgement in a crucial situation, but sometimes too much tunnel vision is bad. I think with Cousins in this particular situation was just throwing short of the sticks. Someone shouldn't even be running short of the sticks in that scenario. I'd rather Cousins get sacked with everyone past the sticks. 

Yeah I was thinking that about ARod. Even in the Dolphins game Thompson had Hill wide open on the 4th and 6 but bailed out and went to his TE. Great throw but it wasn’t caught and the Dolphins turned the ball over on downs and lost.

Cousins get paid to make something happen in the clutch. I remember in the 2018 playoffs Goff broke away from Cam Jordan of the Saints twice to get the ball to Higbee in OT to help the Rams get into FG range to win and go to the Superbowl. Goff isn’t known to make stuff happen when the play breaks down but he did when he absolutely had too. That’s all I ask from Cousins. Just go out there and make something happen when the team needs you too. He can do it on a Saturday game against the Colts in a regular season game why can’t he do it in a playoff game? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I was thinking that about ARod. Even in the Dolphins game Thompson had Hill wide open on the 4th and 6 but bailed out and went to his TE. Great throw but it wasn’t caught and the Dolphins turned the ball over on downs and lost.

Cousins get paid to make something happen in the clutch. I remember in the 2018 playoffs Goff broke away from Cam Jordan of the Saints twice to get the ball to Higbee in OT to help the Rams get into FG range to win and go to the Superbowl. Goff isn’t known to make stuff happen when the play breaks down but he did when he absolutely had too. That’s all I ask from Cousins. Just go out there and make something happen when the team needs you too. He can do it on a Saturday game against the Colts in a regular season game why can’t he do it in a playoff game? 

Probably because the Colts are the doormat of the NFL, and the Giants aren't lol. 

I still think that Minnesota's lack of a defense was the main reason they lost. Any team needing to put up over 31 points late in the game to have a chance at winning doesn't bode well for the remaining journey. Even having a star QB to bail your squad out, it's a tall order. 

• Like 2