BDL 2022 Week 3 - Seoul Dragons @ Anchorage Trappers

MD4L

Who Wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Seoul Dragons
    • Anchorage Trappers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 3

Match:  Seoul Dragons @ Anchorage Trappers

Away Owner: @RedGold

Home Owner:  @Scoundrel

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Seoul

Offense:
QB:   Russell Wilson
RB:  Javonte Williams
WR:  Marquez Valdes-Scantling
WR: Rashod Bateman
TE: Travis Kelce
TE: Pat Freiermuth
LT:  George Fant (Q)
LG:  Joe Thuney
😄  Rodney Hudson
RG:  Alijah Vera-Tucker
RT:  Spencer Brown

Bench:  RB:  Chase Edmonds
Bench:  RB: Dameon Pierce
Bench:  WR:  Marvin Jones
Bench:  WR: George Pickens
Bench:  WR:  Mecole Hardman
Bench:  T – Joe Noteboom
Bench:  G – James Daniels
Bench:  C – Josh Myers

Defense:
LE:  Frank Clark
DT:  Dexter Lawrence
DT:  Foley Fatukasi
Edge:  Joe Tryon
WLB: K’von Alexander
Mike:  Demario Davis
Sam:  Raekwon McMillan
CB:  Nate Hobbs
CB:  Paulson Adebo
FS:  Richie Grant
SS:  Nick Cross

Bench:  LE –  Boogie Basham
Bench:  DT -  Michael Pierce
Bench:  DT – Derrick Nnadi
Bench   RE – Dayo Odeyingbo
Bench:  LB – Devin Bush
Bench:  CB: Kyler Gordon
Bench:  CB:  Kaiir Elam
Bench:  S:  Daxton Hill

Anchorage 

Offense:

QB- Joe Burrow

RB- Jonathan Taylor

X- Ja’Marr Chase

Z- Brandin Cooks

Slot- Kyle Pitts

TE- Isaiah Likely

LT- Andrew Thomas 

LG- Dalton Risner 

C- Erik McCoy

RG- Austin Corbett

RT- Rob Havenstein 

Bench:

RB- JK Dobbins

RB- Eno Benjamin 

WR- Donovan Peoples-Jones

TE- Tommy Tremble 

T- DJ Humphries 

G- Jon Runyan Jr

C- Frank Ragnow

FB- Vita Vea

Defense:

LE- Aidan Hutchinson 

NT- Vita Vea

UT- Jordan Davis

RE- Bradley Chubb

WLB- Micah Parsons 

MLB- Mykal Walker

Stud- Talanoa Hufanga

CB- Patrick Surtain 

CB- Denzel Ward

FS- Jessie Bates lll

SS- Budda Baker

Bench:

Edge- Jonathan Greenard

Edge- Sam Hubbard

INT- Greg Gaines

INT- DaQuan Jones

LB- Isaiah Simmons 

CB- Derek Stingley Jr

CB- Amik Robertson

S- Kam Curl

Edited by MD4L

Seoul

Motivation:  

Offensive Strategy:  
Formations:  12 Personnel (50%),  11 Personnel(50%)
Scheme:  Pass(50%), Run(50%)
Tempo: Normal

Passing:   We will rotate between 12 and 11 personnel this game.   Similar to last week we will rotate Kelce/Freiermuth in 11 man personnel to keep both fresh.     In our 12 man personnel we will stack Kelce and Freiermuth on the same side often and try to free Kelce of any bracket coverage.   Bateman and MVS get the start this week, we want to run a full route tree with both we concentration on hitting them deep down the sidelines.   In 11 man personnel we will Hardman in motion often, we want to get the ball in his hands quickly and let work some magic with YAC. 

Running:   We are coming out with zone concepts in the run game this week.   Javonte and Dameon will be headlining the running game this week, we believe with the athleticism of our line and Javonte/Dameon’s ability to break tackles we can keep this game close.  Are goal is to control the ball and grind out first downs.  

Defensive Strategy:

Anchorage features a scary group of skill players.  Our goal this week is to control Taylor in Chase.  We will rotate between a 4-3 defense, with a 4-2 Sub Package.

Formations:  4-3  ,   4-2 Nickel
Passing:  In base,  we will rotate between a cover 3 and cover 3.    Hobbs will shadow Chase.    In Sub-packages we will stick to mainly Cover 1 Man.   Matchups for man.

Hobbs-  Chase
Adebo – Cooks

Johnson – 3rd WR
K’won – TE
Demario – RB

We will use Cross to bracket Chase in this formation.

Rushing:   Anchorage has a solid OL, and Taylor is a beast.   We plan to rotate heavy along the DL this week, with Starts/Backups playing around a 60/40 fit.    We believe we have an excellent rotation on the inside with run stoppers and sitting in a 4/3 believe we can keep Taylor at bay.

Anchorage

Overview:  

We look to bounce back against our rival Seoul. We will target a 50:50 run/pass ratio on offense for a balanced attack and attack their weaknesses. We will also bring heat on Russell so he can’t cook and he has to leave the kitchen. 

Offense: 

Our primary formations will be 3 wide, 3 wide bunch and 2 Tight. Pitts will be our big slot, out wide in front of the bunch, or inline. This will give us the ability to manipulate formations while keeping the same personnel on the field. 

We are going to run a lot of zone stretch this week. We want to attack the edges of the Seoul defense with our strength at tackle. We will let Jonathan Taylor read his blocks and he will be heavily involved this game. Using Pitts size in the slot on a likely cornerback matchup will also allow us to spring runs outside in the 3 wide. Our RB’s will release into flat routes and wheels and we will start to use them to chip if we are seeing heavy blitzing. We welcome back Dobbins as he will be the back behind Taylor. If injury pulls him out of the game due to him not entirely being ready to return Eno will take on the backup role. Taylor will play 70% of snaps with the backup RB playing the other 30%. In some goal line formations we will use Vita Vea as a FB with a 3 TE set. 

Pitts will get his fair share of opportunity in our passing game and Likely will as well. We will utilize them underneath and as seam stretchers as we combo route with the receivers. We will use motioning with Pitts to help Burrow determine coverage and will occasionally line him up in the slot on the same side as Cooks at Z and Likely in-line with Chase alone on an island on the other side. We will flood zones in this formation as well as out of our 3 wide bunch. We will often target Kyler Gordon in man and in his zone as we believe we have a clear advantage against him with our receivers. We want to get Ja’Marr plenty of deep targets this game. Cooks will run a wide array of routes as will Chase and we will test the Seoul secondary as well as give our receivers opportunities for YAC and a couple screens out in the bunch.

Defense:

Our Base defense is a 4-3-4 against the Seoul 2 tight or 2 RB formations with Talanoa Hufanga playing as our third safety the role we call Stud a S/LB hybrid down in the box. Against 3 wide we will play traditional nickel and against 4 wide traditional dime. Mykal Walker gets the start at MLB as he and Hufanga have been very good in coverage this year and we want to utilize them to combat the short/middle passing game of Seoul and their tight end weapons. Our nickel defense will have Budda Baker in the nickel with Hufanga at SS as we don’t sacrifice anything in the run game and our Dime will have Derek Stingley as dime corner with Walker as the backer and Hufanga in the box with him.

We will start Hutch who has earned his way to the forefront of our edge rotation with Chubb at ends. Vita and Davis get the start inside. We will rotate our interior and edge players enough to keep players fresh. In third and long situations we will use Micah on the edge and move Hutch inside next to Vea with Chubb on the other edge. When at backer, Micah will see his heavy blitz usage from all over the front. We will mix in Walker blitzes especially on early downs. We will incorporate stunts in our pass rush and fill any coverage from our blitzer. We will play gap control and plug the Seoul run lanes. We will limit the big runs for the Seoul offense by playing disciplined. If Micah doesn’t play due to illness Simmons will take over Micah’s role however we will use Greenard as the edge in third and long situations opposite Chubb. 

We are going to play primarily zone coverage with cover 3 and 2 mixing in some single high man. We will play only zone coverages in Nickel and Dime mixing up zones and looks. Hufanga will play a lot of middle zone robber in our zone coverages in our 4-3-4 and Dime. Bates is responsible for deep middle/half in all coverages. In man we will not attach a corner to a specific receiver. We believe all of our corners can matchup with any of the Seoul receivers. In our 4-3-4 Man coverages Budda and Hufanga have the tight ends while Walker has the RB. When Parsons is not blitzing he will bracket Kelce with Budda, if Walker is blitzing instead he has RB.  

Edited by MD4L

12 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

He’s not listed in his lineup or bench is he? Or am I just losing my mind 

I’m an idiot and didn’t have time to double check.   He’s always my 3rd CB,  Taron.  Not sure how I took him out.    I guess put Kyler in his place if for some reason that is deciding how you vote lol 

Adebo - No clue,  he was supposedly on a snap count.   Not sure 9 snaps is what I would call a snap count 

Edited by RedGold

5 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I’m an idiot and didn’t have time to double check.   He’s always my 3rd CB,  Taron.  Not sure how I took him out.    I guess put Kyler in his place if for some reason that is deciding how you vote lol 

Adebo - No clue,  he was supposedly on a snap count.   Not sure 9 snaps is what I would call a snap count 

I already voted... cus we are playing each other haha

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

I meant for everyone else 

I just wanted clarification and a chance for you to provide it in case it came up in voting. If you meant to put Johnson in I have no problem including him here as your third corner and taking one of your bench corners off. Lineup mix ups happen.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I just wanted clarification and a chance for you to provide it in case it came up in voting. If you meant to put Johnson in I have no problem including him here as your third corner and taking one of your bench corners off. Lineup mix ups happen.

Nah all good,  that’s my error and gotta use the lineup I put in. 

Hobbs - Chase
Adebo - Cooks 
Gordon - 3rd WR 
K’won - TE
Demario - RB 

So I think 1st of all both teams did really good a year in terms of game plans. I also think both teams have a really good roster honestly,  Although there are some areas where Seoul is still 'getting there'. 

1st of all I do think that that the wider fever group that Seoul has might very well struggle against the Anchorage secondary. But I also agree with RT, In that the decision to run to the outside when soul decided to attack the middle Ended up being a really good decision obviously neither one knew what the other was going to do but it worked out in favor of Anchorage.

I think at the start of this game Seoul wood would score some points  However as the game progressed I think Anchorage would run away with this a bit.

I'm going to go Anchorage by 14.

2 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Went Anchorage. He does good offensive game plans, and in this one even focused on stretch outside runs while Seoul was bulking up inside.

I also think his roster is simply too talented for Seoul to overcome this week.

My defensive game plan is offended! But thank you for voting