2022 GDT Week Four Da Steelers Vs. Da Jets

Steeler Hitman

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Does anyone remember if Loudermilk has played any snaps at all this season? I want to say he's been a scratch every week. I'm excited that Leal is showing out, but I kind of thought Loudermilk would take a step forward this year. Maybe if Alualu finds himself on the IR with an "injury" the kid will get some run? Any other lower tier surprises or disappointments for anyone?

I think he was week one. 
Disappointed in lack of Offensive Heyward. I think he’s an easy mismatch using motions. 
Dissapointed in Norwood and Austin for different reasons. 
Lower Tier surprised in Cole. 

20 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Disappointed in lack of Offensive Heyward. I think he’s an easy mismatch using motions. 

I'm not super bummed about him on offense. I am kind of bummed about the lack of the TE's in general. Production is down in general, but I really expected to see a good year from at least Pat. 

40 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Does anyone remember if Loudermilk has played any snaps at all this season? I want to say he's been a scratch every week. I'm excited that Leal is showing out, but I kind of thought Loudermilk would take a step forward this year. Maybe if Alualu finds himself on the IR with an "injury" the kid will get some run?

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/dulac-isaiahh-loudermilk-good-to-go-now-after-lingering-rib-injury-says-steelers-plan-on-using-him-going-forward/

Oh me of little faith

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not super bummed about him on offense. I am kind of bummed about the lack of the TE's in general. Production is down in general, but I really expected to see a good year from at least Pat. 

Looks like they’ve stayed in a ton last game to help in PB. I won’t spark another debate with the other part of it. 

I think we saw a lot more TE usage with Ben because he used them as a safety blanket. I wonder if Canada is using the RB as the safety valve more, or does Mitch just like to flip it to the back instead of to the TE? I haven't seen the film on how many routes the TE's are running, but I bet that would be interesting. 

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we saw a lot more TE usage with Ben because he used them as a safety blanket. I wonder if Canada is using the RB as the safety valve more, or does Mitch just like to flip it to the back instead of to the TE? I haven't seen the film on how many routes the TE's are running, but I bet that would be interesting. 

Quick stats:

2017 Deon Sims 29 tar, 15 rec, 180 yrd, 1 td

2018 Trey Burton 76 tar, 54 rec, 569 yrd,  6 td

2019 Burton + Adam Shaheen 37 tar, 23 rec, 158 yrd, 0 TD

2020 Jimmy Graham + Cole Kmet 140 tar, 78 rec, 699 yrd, 10 TD**

That’s…..god awful. Dude just can’t see the MOF. His slot WR numbers were bad too but his running backs (esp Cohen 275 tar, 209 rec, 1575 yrd, 9 TD) did well. That’s more production than 5 TE put Together. That doesn’t even account for Howard/Montgomery’s production in the passing game.

** - 7 games started by Nick Foles

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Quick stats:

2017 Deon Sims 29 tar, 15 rec, 180 yrd, 1 td

2018 Trey Burton 76 tar, 54 rec, 569 yrd,  6 td

2019 Burton + Adam Shaheen 37 tar, 23 rec, 158 yrd, 0 TD

2020 Jimmy Graham + Cole Kmet 140 tar, 78 rec, 699 yrd, 10 TD**

That’s…..god awful. Dude just can’t see the MOF. His slot WR numbers were bad too but his running backs (esp Cohen 275 tar, 209 rec, 1575 yrd, 9 TD) did well. That’s more production than 5 TE put Together. That doesn’t even account for Howard/Montgomery’s production in the passing game.

** - 7 games started by Nick Foles

I would say an argument to that is that all of those TE's are pretty terrible. I think it is pretty troubling that the numbers are that bad, especially since they've been bad this year too. Kenny season can't start soon enough. At least he looks like a QB when he's out there. Watching Mitch is like watching me play QB. 

37 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Florio doesn't have the track record to make me think this is true. Isn't Florio more or less Skip Bayless? Daily show, hot take slinger? I mean, I hope he's on thin ice, I just question this coming from Florio. 

Correct, Florio is wrong more than he’s right. I doubt this report is coming from a “source”

Here is Freiermuth's routes from Thursday:

Drag
Seam/Post
Chip, release flat
Release flat
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Block, release
Banana/7
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Seam, Settle
Seam/Post, Settle
Out
Seam/Post
Seam
Seam
Seam
Drag

He was never part of the plan against Cleveland. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Here is Freiermuth's routes from Thursday:

Drag
Seam/Post
Chip, release flat
Release flat
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Block, release
Banana/7
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Chip, release flat
Seam, Settle
Seam/Post, Settle
Out
Seam/Post
Seam
Seam
Seam
Drag

He was never part of the plan against Cleveland. 

Yikes, that's pretty bad. From my limited knowledge it looks like he was used as a blocker until we were playing catch-up? Is that an accurate take?

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yikes, that's pretty bad. From my limited knowledge it looks like he was used as a blocker until we were playing catch-up? Is that an accurate take?

Yes. Mind you he was helping Dan Moore a lot with Myles Garrett by forcing Myles back inside. I would say Freiermuth was a big part of the plan Thursday, it just wasn’t as a pass catcher. Considering the night Myles had I think it was a job well done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Florio doesn't have the track record to make me think this is true. Isn't Florio more or less Skip Bayless? Daily show, hot take slinger? I mean, I hope he's on thin ice, I just question this coming from Florio. 

For a Steelers fan, Florio gets more wrong about the Steelers than right.