2022 GDT Week Four Da Steelers Vs. Da Jets

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Here's an interesting article from over at SD about Pickens. You guys probably saw it, but I thought it was worth sharing.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/george-pickens-among-nfls-least-open-receivers/ 

It’s an interesting article but got to see more from that stat. Some people I’ve conversed with this this is going to apply to targeted routes not all routes. 

11 hours ago, warfelg said:

A couple of thing on this part:

- Here’s the follow up tweet:

For the most part, the offensive play caller controls ADOR, and I think ADOT is a split between the QB (70%) and OC/HC (30%)

- Trubisky has plenty of talent to work with. Hell I’ll say it. Skill position players are on part with what’s considered top 5 IMO. 

- For all the talk of verts and deep comebacks, this paints quite a different picture.

- Take the ravens out of it and the further away from where we are, the worse the offense gets. There’s no correlation there to ADOR, ADOT, and output. I think this chart shows how good Herbert/ARod are at sustaining drives, how much Lamar holds the ball, and how little chance Fields is being given to be successful. 

1) as re the follow up tweet absolutely but there's also a clear correlation between ADOR and ADOT, because unless you're one of those weird minnesota outliers then obvs if most of your receivers run short routes you're throwing short

agree with the rest of what you say though - i just get Big Mad because imho while tr00bs is definitely a limited quarterback, we have the skills position guys to allow him to work in those limitations, be mobile, and succeed, but instead we are calling plays like we have peyton manning 2015 under center and it's leading to a really inefficient team

This is just wishful thinking as I’m not basing it off anything….but this feels like a Chase Claypool breakout game. 

And I’m scared to death of Maulet and Edmunds having to defend Moore/Wilson. They do a really nice job of moving their targets around. Without Witherspoon, I’m afraid of what could come out of the slot today. Hoping a really rusty Wilson who likes to take shots is all over the place.