Week 5 TNF GDT: Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-2)

Broncofan

Who wins the TNF game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the TNF game?

• Indianapolis
    • Denver
    • I just want a good game
    • I just want ppl to have fun
    • Oh god please no more Nathaniel Hackett

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hue’s 1-31 record in Cleveland doesn’t make him bad because he went 8-8 with the Raiders that one time, duh.

59 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

It appeared to me that the Browns were tanking during Hue's tenure. But I will defer to you on this.

11 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

You think Hue went rogue and did this on his own, expecting a leash after 1-31? And then you think he was wrongly fired for, after going 1-31, managing two wins in the first half of the season? Was he tanking then too? Lol. And then with that firing, the Browns immediately win more games in a half a season than they did in nearly 3 seasons with Hue Jackson…

The guy got jobbed!

26 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You think Hue went rogue and did this on his own, expecting a leash after 1-31? And then you think he was wrongly fired for, after going 1-31, managing two wins in the first half of the season? Was he tanking then too? Lol. And then with that firing, the Browns immediately win more games in a half a season than they did in nearly 3 seasons with Hue Jackson…

The guy got jobbed!

First off, Hue Jackson was far from a perfect coach. And I can't speak to how bad he was with the Browns (which is why I defered to DawgX).

Where did I say that Hue tanked on his own? I believe (though I can't prove it) that he had the OK from the front office to tank for 2 straight seasons. The Dolphins fired Cam Cameron and the Cardinals fired Steve Wilkes after going 1-15 their first year, yet Hue kept his job after doing the same. In Hue's second year he goes 0-16 and STILL kept his job. The Lions fired Rod Marinelli immediately after that. How could such a disaster of a head coach get so many chances? Hue got fired only after Baker spoke out against him to the media. Though I can't prove anything, I believe that a hand shake deal was made to tank for a QB and Hue was to stick around long enough to develop said QB. When Hue was fired, he openly complained about being "lied to". Naturally, he would after having an 0-16 season on his record.

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Where did I say that Hue tanked on his own? I believe (though I can't prove it) that he had the OK from the front office to tank for 2 straight seasons. The Dolphins fired Cam Cameron and the Cardinals fired Steve Wilkes after going 1-15 their first year, yet Hue kept his job after doing the same. In Hue's second year he goes 0-16 and STILL kept his job. The Lions fired Rod Marinelli immediately after that. How could such a disaster of a head coach get so many chances? Hue got fired only after Baker spoke out against him to the media. Though I can't prove anything, I believe that a hand shake deal was made to tank for a QB and Hue was to stick around long enough to develop said QB. When Hue was fired, he openly complained about being "lied to". Naturally, he would after having an 0-16 season on his record.

Someone in the front office…like Sashi Brown? The guy who wanted Hue in the first place? Sashi was canned before the hypothetical tanking strategy was seen all the way through, so I have no idea why he would be advising Hue Jackson to tank. Unless you think it came from ownership, in which case it seems equally as weird to promise the HC a chance after the tank but not the GM. 

Was he tanking in 2018 too, when the team improved exponentially as soon as he left (by replacing him with another bad coach)?

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Someone in the front office…like Sashi Brown? The guy who wanted Hue in the first place? Sashi was canned before the hypothetical tanking strategy was seen all the way through, so I have no idea why he would be advising Hue Jackson to tank. Unless you think it came from ownership, in which case it seems equally as weird to promise the HC a chance after the tank but not the GM. 

Was he tanking in 2018 too, when the team improved exponentially as soon as he left (by replacing him with another bad coach)?

I am done with this... You are clearly being unreasonable.