State of the Steelers

warfelg

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I would guess that means no tackle switch then. Also Cole was so bad that it made Daniels and Semulo look terrible too at times. 

Not necessarily. I think OT is the pick in round 1 regardless. 

Round 1: OT

Round 2: WR

Round 3: IOL

Round 3: DL/CB

They have to know something we don’t when it comes to center, they just have to. 

On the most recent Prospect to Pros Pod, Brugler/Tice/Mays all said we are a team to watch to trade up into the top 10 for one of the big 3 receivers. 

Would #20, #98, and a 2025 2nd be enough?

Im just not a fan of trading more 2025 picks when there’s a very good chance we will be after a QB next offseason. 

50 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Daniels might be making a move to center. Out of all the options left, that seems to make the most sense. And then have Herbig battle with a rookie for the RG spot? Although I wasn’t super impressed with Herbig last year. 

IIRC Herbig started pretty bad. I thought he played later in the season for a game during our streak of unprecedented offense and did well. I could be misremembering though. 

If the Steelers planned on switching to Daniels to center, wouldn’t that have been picked up by at least 1 Steelers beat reporter?…..Kaboly/Dulac et. Etc.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop at center and WR…a I have a feeling something is going to happen this weekend.

12 minutes ago, AFF said:

If the Steelers planned on switching to Daniels to center, wouldn’t that have been picked up by at least 1 Steelers beat reporter?…..Kaboly/Dulac et. Etc.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop at center and WR…a I have a feeling something is going to happen this weekend.

idk, I don’t think they would feel the need to tell a beat reporter info like that. 

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

I agree.  The only thing mentioned about OC, was Khan mentioning they were comfortable with Herbig--no sense using smokescreens regarding our current projected OL for 2024, IMO.

I still think we are considering Brian Allen, or Connor Williams.  I also wonder if they might kick the tires on OT Donovan Smith.  I think he's primarily a LT, but he certainly has the size and build for a RT, but IDK.  He's likely the best available OT option, no??

I could see both Smith and Williams or Allen signing, if we trade for Aiyuk, and have to forfeit our 1st Rd pick.

31 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

I agree.  The only thing mentioned about OC, was Khan mentioning they were comfortable with Herbig--no sense using smokescreens regarding our current projected OL for 2024, IMO.

Absolutely there is sense in using smokescreens. It would affect our draft plans if the starting center was currently on the roster already or not. 

35 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

idk, I don’t think they would feel the need to tell a beat reporter info like that. 

Not intentionally but not even a whiff from anybody in the media?

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

Not intentionally but not even a whiff from anybody in the media?

I mean, there has been speculation from Steelers media about it but the main push back is no one has ever seen Daniels take even one snap in all the practices he’s had with us. 

Also Charles Leno Jr would be a fair RT pickup for short term. 

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yes heard it on a podcast recently I can’t remember which one. Apparently those were the rumors at the combine. 

interesting. Most reports point to him wanting to wait for in season to sign. 

25 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Absolutely there is sense in using smokescreens. It would affect our draft plans if the starting center was currently on the roster already or not. 

I should have added "on the roster"--I'm talking about right now...whether we plan to use Daniels, or Herbig...everybody knows we are looking hard at OC prosects in the draft.  My point is, there would be little importance to other teams, on whether we were going to be comfortable with Daniels, or whether Herbig would get the nod.  Now, if we sign Connor Williams, well, that would be a different story.  I doubt there any viable/believable smokescreens that would make any other team believe that we won't be looking to bring in a starting OC via FA or the draft.

• Like 1