State of the Steelers

warfelg

Random thought/comment. If Aiyuk ends up with the Commanders I would make a call for Jahan Dotson. I know he’s been injured and hasn’t lived up to the billing but I would take him over Jefferson/Watkins/others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

since the Aiyuk trade seems unlikely, is there a chance DK could be the next target? What would you expect the hawks to want for draft capital in such a trade?

Why would Seattle trade him though? He's young, explosive and puts alot of fans in the seats. If I were Seattle, I wouldn't make a deal for less than a first or something that puts me in a situation wherein I could draft a potential franchise QB.

I guess you can make the argument that they could possibly be motivated because they are scheduled to be 20 million over the 2025 salary cap and his hit is 29.5 next year, but that will be interpreted as a good value, with the contracts likely to be signed leading up to that. In the end, I think the Steelers need a route runner, not a bigger stronger and faster version of what they already have. Just going to pound the ball and run go routes? Is our QB Ken Stabler?

Edited by rlon

21 minutes ago, rlon said:

Why would Seattle trade him though? He's young, explosive and puts alot of fans in the seats. If I were Seattle, I wouldn't make a deal for less than a first or something that puts me in a situation wherein I could draft a potential franchise QB.

I guess you can make the argument that they could possibly be motivated because they are scheduled to be 20 million over the 2025 salary cap and his hit is 29.5 next year, but that will be interpreted as a good value, with the contracts likely to be signed leading up to that. In the end, I think the Steelers need a route runner, not a bigger stronger and faster version of what they already have. Just going to pound the ball and run go routes? Is our QB Ken Stabler?

not sure if our QB is  Ken Stabler,   .  Wait and see

I never understood why teams trade good players either, unless the cap situation really forced the need.

I'm not watching the media like AST for info on trades, just click bait 

I don't even know if the WR2 search is still going on, is it? Or are they content with the roster as is?

It's been a major overhaul this offseason,  not much left to do IMO.  Would have really aced the offseason with a WR2 and Sneed though.  Everything else was done I would say within reality and what was available

9 hours ago, warfelg said:

why not try to sign him to a decent deal and if he signs then thats the OL set for a few years. Instead, they will let him walk and probably lose Semo after next year. This is colbert type work going on outside of the time Munchak was here of course.  The only time tomlin had a good/elite OL  was the Munchak era. Rest of the time 75% of his coaching careeer the OL has been sub par or even bad. Not all tomlins fault, he can only coach the players he has on the roster. 

It's just the steeler way apparently , we are all used to it now anyway

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I hope so, but it's tough to rank them so highly when there are so many young guys on it. LT, C, RT will be new starters and two of those have never played a down in the league. I'm certainly higher on our line than I have been since the Foster/Pouncey/Decastro days, though.

• Like 1