Week 6 MNF: Broncos @ Chargers

BroncoSojia

Week 6 MNF: Broncos @ Chargers  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Broncos are on primetime again?!?!
    • Fire Staley and/or Hackett

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2022 at 12:20 AM

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Is this trolling? He is top 3. Dont let 1 game fool you. He was top 4 in every metric prior to Monday.

Outside the top 5 is crazy. Outside top 10 is trolling.

Take out any other QBs #1 and #3 WR, all pro LT, give them a bottom 6 run game, a rib injury and take their center in and out of the lineup and guarantee they arent doing as good as Herbert has been.

Even that game. Int was a on target pass right in Everett's hands. Williams and Palmer both dropped good deep passes and a Williams deep pass was called incomplete that wasnt.

Holy overreaction. 

7 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Is this trolling? He is top 3. Dont let 1 game fool you. He was top 4 in every metric prior to Monday.

Outside the top 5 is crazy. Outside top 10 is trolling.

He is absolutely not a top 5 QB. I don’t care what the metrics say, he’s accomplished less than Mitch Trubisky at this stage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Take out any other QBs #1 and #3 WR, all pro LT, give them a bottom 6 run game, a rib injury and take their center in and out of the lineup and guarantee they arent doing as good as Herbert has been.

Well, how about we give every QB a top 15 WR on both sides, a top 10 RB and a top 12 LT to begin with, if we want to even the playing field…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well, how about we give every QB a top 15 WR on both sides, a top 10 RB and a top 12 LT to begin with, if we want to even the playing field…

Most every top QB has this. Or something similar with a top TE instead. Also having a top RB is supposed to help in the run game. Chargers havent had a good run game for ever. 

Just now, ET80 said:

I’m rational and logical, unlike you.

Sure most of the time you are. Right now? No chance. Guarantee you werent saying this prior to Monday. Hyperbole much. 

Also who evaluates QBs based on isolated seasonal accolades. Like what are we doing here. Is Ryan top 10 because he is one of 4 active QBs with an MVP. Herbert is no question top 5. This is illogical, its a pretty widely considered consensus. So id say the one saying he isnt top 10, is the illogical one bud.

Most every top QB has this.

Tell me you don’t know anything about any team without saying you don’t know anything about any team.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Also having a top RB is supposed to help in the run game. Chargers havent had a good run game for ever. 

Didn’t Ekler end up in top 10 in just about every efficiency metric last year, or do we not rely on those metrics when it doesn’t fit your narrative?

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:
5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m rational and logical, unlike you.

Sure most of the time you are. Right now? No chance. Guarantee you werent saying this prior to Monday. Hyperbole much. 

I’ve been saying it since he threw that back breaking, 100 yard pick six in a one score game vs a division rival. Regardless of how tired Gerald Everett was, it was a horrendous throw into coverage that Davis Mills wouldn’t even make.

Since then, he’s done very little to change my opinion - Monday included. Could he prove me otherwise? Sure, but he’s had a few bites at the apple and really hasn’t done much.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Tell me you don’t know anything about any team without saying you don’t know anything about any team.

Name me the top QBs who are void of ample help.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Didn’t Ekler end up in top 10 in just about every efficiency metric last year, or do we not rely on those metrics when it doesn’t fit your narrative?

Sure if you consider 20th in YPA for a running back top 10..

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’ve been saying it since he threw that back breaking, 100 yard pick six in a one score game vs a division rival. Regardless of how tired Gerald Everett was, it was a horrendous throw into coverage that Davis Mills wouldn’t even make.

Since then, he’s done very little to change my opinion - Monday included. Could he prove me otherwise? Sure, but he’s had a few bites at the apple and really hasn’t done much.

You mean the interception that was on Everett who had inside leverage on the DB, made his initial cut to the inside, Ekeler whiffed on a blitz pickup, instant pressure and Herbert throws where Everett was supposed to be, with inside leverage. But for some reason then broke of his flat route and faded to the pylon? So one play changed your perception. 

Like i said prior to Monday, with all the circumstances he was dealing with was still top 4 in just about every metric.

1 play..  yes, ET.. you are hella logical my man. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

Name me the top QBs who are void of ample help.

- Matt Stafford. Has a great WR, a washed up WR and no run game to speak of.

- Patrick Mahomes. Has a fantastic TE and a few guys who might be USFL worthy at WR. His RB is a homeless man’s version of Ekler.

- Lamar Jackson. Has a fantastic TE and a few guys who might be XFL worthy at WR (and a 35 year old DeSean Jackson now). Run game is basically whack-a-mole given injuries.

That’s off the top of my head.

You mean the interception that was who had inside leverage on the DB, nade his initial cut to the inside, Ekeler whiffed on a blitz pickup, instant pressure and Herbert throws where Everett was supposed to be, with inside leverage, then broke of his spot route and faded to the pylon? So one play changed your perception. 

He hasn’t done anything to really change that position, has he? He’s had chances, just hasn’t delivered. He led a garbage time drive and threw a dime when the game was out of reach, so his “metrics” look good, but his situational mistake was the difference in the game.

Excuses are good enough for those who make them, no one else. You’re acting like he’s the only QB in the league who has a breakdown in production, or a target that runs a wrong route. He’s not (but he’s one of the few who throws a pick six to a rookie late round DB in that situation).

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Like i said prior to Monday, with all the circumstances he was dealing with was still top 4 in just about every metric.

I guess I’m glad you’re content with mediocre results as long as you have pretty numbers. Personally… I expect more from a top 5 QB, and I think everyone else does too.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

- Matt Stafford. Has a great WR, a washed up WR and no run game to speak of.

- Patrick Mahomes. Has a fantastic TE and a few guys who might be USFL worthy at WR. His RB is a homeless man’s version of Ekler.

- Lamar Jackson. Has a fantastic TE and a few guys who might be XFL worthy at WR (and a 35 year old DeSean Jackson now). Run game is basically whack-a-mole given injuries.

That’s off the top of my head.

All of a sudden Robinson is washed, or maybe Stafford is force feeding Kupp. Have the #1 pass blocking oline, Akers and Higbee arent chopped liver. 

Chiefs have #2 pass blocking oline, best TE, CEH is having a good season, MVS and JuJu arent chopped liver either. And no where near USFL players.

Ravens also top 3 TE, also better pass block oline, 2 speedsters in Bateman and Duvernay. Outside the Rams all have better run games. 

More importantly, they arent missing these players (think Bateman missed a game) and arent played injured. So their circumstances are better this year, because they arent missing their 1 and 3, LT, injured and had their OC in and out the lineup. 

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He hasn’t done anything to really change that position, has he? He’s had chances, just hasn’t delivered. He led a garbage time drive and threw a dime when the game was out of reach, so his “metrics” look good, but his situational mistake was the difference in the game.

The game was decided on a whiffed onside kick that was nearly recovered by the Chargers. In a 3 point game.

Again, evaluation based on 1 play.. that wasnt even in him, is faaaaar from logical. Because i guarantee you didnt have him outside the top 10 or even close prior.

Excuses are good enough for those who make them, no one else. You’re acting like he’s the only QB in the league who has a breakdown in production, or a target that runs a wrong route. He’s not (but he’s one of the few who throws a pick six to a rookie late round DB in that situation).

They arent excuses. They are actual occurences that dictated the results. 

What other QB is without their LT, WR1, WR3, bottom 6 run game, with a rib injury and center in and out of lineup.. yet still producing at easily top 10 level in most every metric, 4-2 and tied at top of his division. With a underperforming defense still. 

I guess I’m glad you’re content with mediocre results as long as you have pretty numbers. Personally… I expect more from a top 5 QB, and I think everyone else does too.

Medicore results on 1 play? You ok? What are you even saying.

Edited by Bearerofnews