Our salary cap management is dreadful!

mar29020

The team isn't broke capwise.  If you have an owner willing to spend money you can restructure contracts by paying out signing bonus an converting the cap into future years. We don't have an owner willing to do that, because our owner is broke. 

edit - we can also save a ton of cap next year with a few minor cuts and extensions. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we have like 2-3 Good-great players under contract and are broke!! Teams like the niners, rams, and dallas seem to be able to afford everyone. Its so annoying!! Our team is full of scrubs and we are broke!

The problem is we give $ to the wrong people outside of Terry & Jon Allen.

Our 2nd highest cap hit after Carson is WJ3 who was a bust of a FA signing. Fuller isn’t far behind him & has been mostly awful this year as well. You have Curtis Samuel who’s cap is also near what theirs is & he didn't even play a full game last year and while he’s been better this year, he hasn’t been what I’d call “good.” He’s been slightly better than average. Carson had no chemistry w/ Terry & it showed. Hopefully now that Taylor is going to play, Terry has a 6 to 10 catch game with near or over 100 yds & a TD.

Ever since we signed Logan Thomas sadly he’s been injured. First it was his hamstring & missed a month or more, then sadly he had his knee taken out by Ngaukoue & now he has a calf injury. It’s sad man, I love him and he’s a huge athletic target but he just hasn’t stayed healthy the last two years and not having him to get 1st downs or in the Redzone has hurt our offense.

I agree with @IHatesnyder when he said that this will be Logan Thomas’s last year in DC and they’ll role w/ Cole Turner as our starting TE next year. The #2/blocking TE will remain John Bates. We have Amari Rogers as our 3rd TE & good special teams guy. If we want to keep a 4th TE on the roster, they can keep Curtis Hodges.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The team isn't broke capwise.  If you have an owner willing to spend money you can restructure contracts by paying out signing bonus an converting the cap into future years. We don't have an owner willing to do that, because our owner is broke. 

edit - we can also save a ton of cap next year with a few minor cuts and extensions. 

Bingo

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The problem is we give $ to the wrong people outside of Terry & Jon Allen.

Our 2nd highest cap hit after Carson is WJ3 who was a bust of a FA signing. Fuller isn’t far behind him & has been mostly awful this year as well. You have Curtis Samuel who’s cap is also near what theirs is & he didn't even play a full game last year and while he’s been better this year, he hasn’t been what I’d call “good.” He’s been slightly better than average. Carson had no chemistry w/ Terry & it showed. Hopefully now that Taylor is going to play, Terry has a 6 to 10 catch game with near or over 100 yds & a TD.

Ever since we signed Logan Thomas sadly he’s been injured. First it was his hamstring & missed a month or more, then sadly he had his knee taken out by Ngaukoue & now he has a calf injury. It’s sad man, I love him and he’s a huge athletic target but he just hasn’t stayed healthy the last two years and not having him to get 1st downs or in the Redzone has hurt our offense.

I agree with @IHatesnyder when he said that this will be Logan Thomas’s last year in DC and they’ll role w/ Cole Turner as our starting TE next year. The #2/blocking TE will remain John Bates. We have Amari Rogers as our 3rd TE & good special teams guy. If we want to keep a 4th TE on the roster, they can keep Curtis Hodges.

Snyder can’t afford players like we use to . We are going to depend more on the draft than ever before . We will only sign affordable fuys next season like Obada .

• Like 1