Texans grant release requested by starting LB Kamu Grugier-Hill

TheKillerNacho

Disappointed with his decreasing snap count, Grugier-Hill asked for a release from the team, one in which they granted. While starting each game for the Texans, he was ProFootballFocus' second worst rated Linebacker in the league this season. Still, with plenty of experience, he should be able to find a backup role somewhere.

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Still, with plenty of experience, he should be able to find a backup role somewhere.

I feel sorry for the team that brings him in. He’s really bad at football, it’s easy to make a tackle when you give up a 10 yard cushion in coverage.

A few people think he was a big pro-Easterby guy, and he wants out now that his dude is no longer calling the shots. If that’s the case… good riddance.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I feel sorry for the team that brings him in. He’s really bad at football, it’s easy to make a tackle when you give up a 10 yard cushion in coverage.

A few people think he was a big pro-Easterby guy, and he wants out now that his dude is no longer calling the shots. If that’s the case… good riddance.

He was alright for us as a role player kind of guy, but not really someone you really want on the field at all times.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

He was alright for us as a role player kind of guy, but not really someone you really want on the field at all times.

Exactly - but I think leading the 32nd ranked defense in tackles back in ‘21 overinflated his sense of worth. For Kamu Grugier-Hill, racking up 18 tackles in a game really means he was successfully thrown on 16 times. No honor or ability in that.

• Like 1