Bucs vs Ravens

BucsDraftGeek47

4 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Special teams has been trash since before BA got here

I think we're cursed to have terrible special teams for all time. Never ever been a good special teams team.

I posted this in the other topic but we should really just let Devin play edge now that Shaq is out for the season. He can't miss many coverage assignments playing edge. Just start Britt inside. Stuard makes Devin look like an all pro tbh.

Yeah but theres a difference between rushing as a free blitzer vs taking on a LT or RT. Heck, the center destroyed White in 1-1 that made him look silly. He's just a lost cause honestly. 

10 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Yeah but theres a difference between rushing as a free blitzer vs taking on a LT or RT. Heck, the center destroyed White in 1-1 that made him look silly. He's just a lost cause honestly. 

Yeah alot of football fans don’t realize the difference. White isn’t beating LT’s lol

I was skeptical his rookie year. He started like the way he's playing now and then pulled off some splash plays to end the year. Started 2020 the same way and ended it with creating splash plays that carried through the super bowl. Last year he made the pro bowl based off his 2020 back half performance but played way to inconsistent then. This year it's like he's taken 3 steps back after reportedly seeking a 100MM pay day lol. Honestly if you can't trade him in the offseason, cut him. Don't even pay the option year $

2 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Hes not beating centers either lol 

While I’m not excusing his bad play as there are plenty to pick from, the whole center thing to me is a little overblown and this is coming from Wade Phillips who I would go on a limb and know a little more than fans do.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/film-breakdowns/now-you-know-buccaneers-couldve-avoided-linderbaums-pancake-on-devin-white/

1 hour ago, YoungBucs15 said:

While I’m not excusing his bad play as there are plenty to pick from, the whole center thing to me is a little overblown and this is coming from Wade Phillips who I would go on a limb and know a little more than fans do.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/film-breakdowns/now-you-know-buccaneers-couldve-avoided-linderbaums-pancake-on-devin-white/

"I'm not excusing his bad play BUT I'm going to excuse his bad play here" lol. White is a joke. Phenomenal athlete but has zero Football IQ. 

5 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

"I'm not excusing his bad play BUT I'm going to excuse his bad play here" lol. White is a joke. Phenomenal athlete but has zero Football IQ. 

The idea is pretty simple to say that he is having bad play but for people to blame everything on white is the same as saying leftwich is the only problem with the offense. It’s the same concept of saying that the DB’s are playing bad but not holding the DL accountable for zero push rush. Is White to blame as a part of the defense, completely. The point of the video is showing that the Linderbaum issues weren’t all on White, rather a break down of disciple as a unit.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:33 AM, YoungBucs15 said:

The idea is pretty simple to say that he is having bad play but for people to blame everything on white is the same as saying leftwich is the only problem with the offense. It’s the same concept of saying that the DB’s are playing bad but not holding the DL accountable for zero push rush. Is White to blame as a part of the defense, completely. The point of the video is showing that the Linderbaum issues weren’t all on White, rather a break down of disciple as a unit.

that play aside, im not beating on him too much on that. we must be watching two different games. Are DBs arent bad. Winfield, Dean and Davis are very good this year. Ryan was a good pickup as well. Stop excusing White for his idiotic play. Every ******* week he is blowing assignments. Run fits and in pass coverage. This whole scheme was designed for White to flourish. 

His low iq play first drive on the Steelers ended up costing us the game. no he is not the sole reason we lost but he is part of it. White giving up TDs to rbs in the flat back to back weeks. 

3 hours ago, indifference said:

that play aside, im not beating on him too much on that. we must be watching two different games. Are DBs arent bad. Winfield, Dean and Davis are very good this year. Ryan was a good pickup as well. Stop excusing White for his idiotic play. Every ******* week he is blowing assignments. Run fits and in pass coverage. This whole scheme was designed for White to flourish. 

His low iq play first drive on the Steelers ended up costing us the game. no he is not the sole reason we lost but he is part of it. White giving up TDs to rbs in the flat back to back weeks. 

100% that he has been horrible the last few weeks and will go through spurts of unstoppable and unplayable.  I think it has to be looked at what has changed since week 2 because those first 2 weeks there was none of this talk and he was flourishing in the system. 

The ultimate point I guess that I am trying to make is what is the bigger problem on the defense as it's not just White.  Outside of our secondary it's been poor play across the board, never thought I'd write that our secondary is our strength right now. 

8 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

100% that he has been horrible the last few weeks and will go through spurts of unstoppable and unplayable.  I think it has to be looked at what has changed since week 2 because those first 2 weeks there was none of this talk and he was flourishing in the system. 

The ultimate point I guess that I am trying to make is what is the bigger problem on the defense as it's not just White.  Outside of our secondary it's been poor play across the board, never thought I'd write that our secondary is our strength right now. 

White is a huge problem lol. Our secondary is solid. Our pass rush is average I can say. Do we miss Suh? Probably. 

I think the problem some buc fans are afraid to let go or give up on Devin White is you've seen his ability to make splash plays and yes hes a great athlete. But for him it's mental. At year 4 - he's constantly making so many stupid rookie mistakes. Not someone you want replacing Lavonte David as the true MIKE LB in this defense. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I think the problem some buc fans are afraid to let go or give up on Devin White is you've seen his ability to make splash plays and yes hes a great athlete. But for him it's mental. At year 4 - he's constantly making so many stupid rookie mistakes. Not someone you want replacing Lavonte David as the true MIKE LB in this defense. 

Almost kinda Jameis-esque really

First 2 years you're like , "okay okay he's got potential could be great." Then 2 years later you're saying, " he's the same player he was when he got in the league, same mistakes, no growth, just all unrealized potential." 

The fact that Devin hasn't surpassed David at this point is a joke. He's miles ahead talent-wise, but the mental isn't there. David needs more credit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Almost kinda Jameis-esque really

First 2 years you're like , "okay okay he's got potential could be great." Then 2 years later you're saying, " he's the same player he was when he got in the league, same mistakes, no growth, just all unrealized potential." 

The fact that Devin hasn't surpassed David at this point is a joke. He's miles ahead talent-wise, but the mental isn't there. David needs more credit.

Yeah agree. It also doesn't bode well for us when trying to trade him either. Roquan Smith only went for a 2 and 5. And It's probable that he doesn't see a big extension. At this rate - knowing Devin White will be in an option year - almost impossible to get a 3rd for him.