Lions Bears GDT

Nnivolcm

On 11/14/2022 at 7:41 AM, Karnage84 said:

It was definitely nice to come away with the win. 

One thing the Lions are going to need to do is find a guy that is capable of playing 'spy' on mobile QB's. This is especially the case with Fields in the division. It was tough watching him bob and weave out there en route to that TD.

I've been asking for more LB/S help for years. We have no coverage in the middle of our defense. Rodrigo makes some key plays and doesn't seem to get beat often, but he doesn't have the speed to spy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I've been asking for more LB/S help for years. We have no coverage in the middle of our defense. Rodrigo makes some key plays and doesn't seem to get beat often, but he doesn't have the speed to spy. 

I've been on that same track for years - it's why I wanted/expected the Lions to draft Jeremy Chinn (Patricia seemed really high on him at the Senior Bowl) or other S's that were in that hybrid s/lb mold. In today's NFL, you're going to be playing a lot of nickel/dime packages while still needing to defend against the run. As much as I like the combo of Walker/Joseph, we can absolutely use another S (or LB) who can play that hybrid role. You could argue that Will Harris can be that guy but we need a good player and Harris has shown to be versatile but limited in capabilities. 

50 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I've been on that same track for years - it's why I wanted/expected the Lions to draft Jeremy Chinn (Patricia seemed really high on him at the Senior Bowl) or other S's that were in that hybrid s/lb mold. In today's NFL, you're going to be playing a lot of nickel/dime packages while still needing to defend against the run. As much as I like the combo of Walker/Joseph, we can absolutely use another S (or LB) who can play that hybrid role. You could argue that Will Harris can be that guy but we need a good player and Harris has shown to be versatile but limited in capabilities. 

Harris is trash. I'm not counting on him for anything. The sooner they cut him the better. 

We had JOK fall to us and drafted Onwuzurike. That hurts!! 

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Harris is trash. I'm not counting on him for anything. The sooner they cut him the better. 

We had JOK fall to us and drafted Onwuzurike. That hurts!! 

I was referring to Harris being the hybrid guy that can play S/LB/CB. It doesn't mean he does any of it well... 

I haven't really looked into it but it'd be interesting in comparing the LB's we have drafted (Barnes and Rodriguez) vs a JOK in terms of size, production, athleticism, etc. Might help us understand what the team is looking for at the position. JOK was undersized if I recall at around 220 lbs while Rodrigo is 230 is nearly 240. Both guys fall under the 250 lb mark that the previous regime seemed to set as the benchmark. However, they're considerably bigger than a guy like JOK is.