- Week 14 - Full Geno in NY.

WizardHawk

Love seeing the Giants sucking it up hahaha, but damn, you really got to feel for all the Browns fans out there. How many top 5 draft picks does it take to make that team competitive on a consistent basis? The mismanagement of that team over the last 15 years is sickening.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Love seeing the Giants sucking it up hahaha, but damn, you really got to feel for all the Browns fans out there. How many top 5 draft picks does it take to make that team competitive on a consistent basis? The mismanagement of that team over the last 15 years is sickening.

Worst part for the Browns...

Passed on Goff and Wentz (I would have too, but i dont get paid millions to study these guys 90 hours a week for a living)

Passed on Watson

Passed on Tannehill (Not so bad but still better than anything they have ever had)

Passed on Derek Carr

Passed on Bridgewater

Passed on Andy Dalton

Yet somehow they drafted.. Weeden, Manziel, Couch, and Quinn.

Now, to be fair as I always say..it isnt like any of their QBs had a.prayer to begin with. Outside of one or two OLs, they werent working with a full deck when stepping up to the table to play poker with the big boys. And some success stories may have easily become failure stories had they ended up in Cleveland at that time.

But you cant tell me a guy like Watson with half the tools of Houston still wouldnt have brought the Browns some sort of reassurance for future?

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Honestly didn't see much difference between Kizer and Watson as prospects. Watson obviously had championship pedigree

I was a huge fan of Watson, he just had that winner to him and thats not coachable. Its not learned. Its just something you have. That kind of cocky arrogance that you will win at every game of checkers or monopoly, or that you will pick up  a ping pong paddle for the first time and somehow expect to keep pace with the worlds elite. That annoying cocky kid who talks all the trash but pisses you off even more because he backs it up, too. When a QB has that kind of confidence and competitiveness, it usually is a big sign of future success.

Kizer was more the take it as it comes kind of kid. Didnt win? Ok, we can try again. Threw an interception? These things happen. That kind of kid. Its for sure a certain level of mental toughness, but got to let the hate of being second best at anything drive you to be the first everytime. Never really saw that in Kizer.

Not that I know either in person, ha. Just from interviews and what you can see on the field on Saturdays and now Sundays.

Atlanta just cut CB Jalen Collins. He has had 2 suspensions for PED's most recently a 10 game suspension which just ended today. I would def take a flyer on him, cant be to expensive to put in a claim on him. we do need some secondary help and he has been pretty decent when on the field.

40 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Atlanta just cut CB Jalen Collins. He has had 2 suspensions for PED's most recently a 10 game suspension which just ended today. I would def take a flyer on him, cant be to expensive to put in a claim on him. we do need some secondary help and he has been pretty decent when on the field.

And rely on another player whos one bad night, one bad suppliment, or one bad advice away from eating cap dollars for nothing? Nah. No thanks.

Besides, the depth chart here is well stacked...They need more.experience, not less.

Brown has always been a little tuggy, but is.now playing with little confidence. Lewis has been pretty MIA. Awuzie as well. Scandrick made some poor attempts Sunday but is still a very good cover guy.

While im on board with adding a top tier corner via draft if one is there, adding a vet doesnt seem like an answer to me

Man.. I played against Case Keenum in highschool(he's a grade younger). And we beat him. It absolutely amazes me that he is doing so well.

And I'm at my house writing about him.

I'm happy/proud for him but damn. He was no better than us. I don't even think he was the best QB we played that year. Manuel Johnson seemed like a grown man but but wasn't near as successful.

11 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Crazy how easy he makes those plays look

I feel like the Cowboys used to have a WR like that

Yeah but then that last INT he had a chance and couldn't get it. Dez would get grilled over that. Inconsistent production coupled with crazy catches. And if you look at the stats Marvin Jones and Dez have had very similar production over the last few.

If our expectations/cap hit were Marvin Jones instead of Juilo Jones we would be happy. 

Whats so funny over Eli taking a mulligan on the rest ofnthe year? Why subject him to injury at this point? He has two rings, tons of NFL success, and he will be the doom or gloom of that team next year. By sitting him when the team is completely lost to any hope of winning, you prevent something catastrophic from happening that puts next year in jeopardy as well.

30 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Whats so funny over Eli taking a mulligan on the rest ofnthe year? Why subject him to injury at this point? He has two rings, tons of NFL success, and he will be the doom or gloom of that team next year. By sitting him when the team is completely lost to any hope of winning, you prevent something catastrophic from happening that puts next year in jeopardy as well.

Dallas should do this with Dak. 

Archived