10 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Here’s a crazy scenario for you: 

What if the Rams pick is #3 and our pick is around #16 and the draft goes 

1. Young 

2. Stroud

Would you trade 16 and both of our 2’s for pick 4 to make these selections:

3. Anderson

4. Carter

If yes how much would you be willing to give up to make it happen?

No

On 11/24/2022 at 11:15 PM, Millenhater said:

Here’s a crazy scenario for you: 

What if the Rams pick is #3 and our pick is around #16 and the draft goes 

1. Young 

2. Stroud

3. Anderson

4. Carter

If yes how much would you be willing to give up to make it happen?

In seeing how well Holmes and Co draft, I’m all for holding onto extra picks.  We need a lot still, and depth really could be upgraded at spots where our starters are in place.  I think I’d much rather have Breece and two of CB/S/LB/TE/OG in the second than just Carter.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 10:15 PM, Millenhater said:

Let me ask you this, would you entertain that trade down package?  If the answer is no, that's probably not enough to get that pick.  Personally, I'd say that there's not much of a chance that a team is willing to move down for that price.

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let me ask you this, would you entertain that trade down package?  If the answer is no, that's probably not enough to get that pick.  Personally, I'd say that there's not much of a chance that a team is willing to move down for that price.

I’d be willing to trade down but not if Anderson is available. I’d happily stockpile picks for next year. There’s a chance we go QB next year. 

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

I’d be willing to trade down but not if Anderson is available. I’d happily stockpile picks for next year. There’s a chance we go QB next year. 

That's my point.  If you're not willing to trade down for that package, then other teams probably wouldn't either.  I think you're probably a '24 SRP short of that kind of move.  Maybe if the Lions' second SRP was higher.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's my point.  If you're not willing to trade down for that package, then other teams probably wouldn't either.  I think you're probably a '24 SRP short of that kind of move.  Maybe if the Lions' second SRP was higher.

Maybe. We just traded up, in division, 19 spots and gave basically nothing so I’m starting to think anything is possible 

23 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Maybe. We just traded up, in division, 19 spots and gave basically nothing so I’m starting to think anything is possible 

You mean to say that you think a deal in which Minnesota got roasted for leaving ~an early 3rd round pick worth of value on the table is the new norm?

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You mean to say that you think a deal in which Minnesota got roasted for leaving ~an early 3rd round pick worth of value on the table is the new norm?

I wouldn't say its the norm but if a teams draft board doesn't fit the available players on the board, they may be interested in quantity.  It would also depend on where we end up to see how far down the trade down is.  If we are anything higher than 16, the trade value chart would be close.  Anything higher than 14 and we would likely be losing on the TVC again depending on the MN pick.  Again moving into the top 4 is usually more expensive because its typically for an elite QB, edge, or OT but if a team doesn't like who is there they would make a move.  

I also think the fact that not a single person on this board has said they would spend that draft capital to move up to pick 4 is telling, although it is early in the process and we haven't had time to fall in love with all of the prospects.  I wouldn't be shocked of Carter falls in the draft as he has been good but not spectacular this year and others will rise in the draft process.  

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I wouldn't say its the norm but if a teams draft board doesn't fit the available players on the board, they may be interested in quantity.  It would also depend on where we end up to see how far down the trade down is.  If we are anything higher than 16, the trade value chart would be close.  Anything higher than 14 and we would likely be losing on the TVC again depending on the MN pick.  Again moving into the top 4 is usually more expensive because its typically for an elite QB, edge, or OT but if a team doesn't like who is there they would make a move.  

I also think the fact that not a single person on this board has said they would spend that draft capital to move up to pick 4 is telling, although it is early in the process and we haven't had time to fall in love with all of the prospects.  I wouldn't be shocked of Carter falls in the draft as he has been good but not spectacular this year and others will rise in the draft process.  

I am not opposed to giving up some draft capital but at the rate things are going, the pick from the Rams is going to be pretty high.  Moving up from there might make sense and we probably would not have to give up both second round picks.  

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I am not opposed to giving up some draft capital but at the rate things are going, the pick from the Rams is going to be pretty high.  Moving up from there might make sense and we probably would not have to give up both second round picks.  

The point of the trade up (or suggested move) is to end up with Anderson and Carter.  So that move wouldn’t accomplish the goal.  

Side note, I’m not for the trade. I’d rather have our two seconds and a mid first than just Carter as of now. Just stating the trade could happen and it’s not horribly off value wise depending on where we finish. 

I happen to really like the talent in this draft. The more scouting I'm doing the more value I'm finding in the 2/3/4 rounds.

Jalen Carter and Will Anderson are damn great players and will be difference makers at the next level. But I don't feel like we are those two players away from being a Superbowl contending team. 

Realistically, we need long term starting players at QB, RG, TE, maybe another outside WR, DT, DE, LB, and CB at least. If Walker comes back healthy and Kerby continues to develop, I think safety is probably the only position we are set at for the next 5 years. Then we need depth at all those spots. 

Trading 3 top 62 picks for one player just doesn't make much sense to me for where the Lions are at in the rebuild. 

• Like 3