Zach Wilson

biggie.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I hate to say this but if I'm Joe Douglass I'm strongly considering sending a first and change for Rodgers.

Boy oh boy, Broadway A-Rod… I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If he was even just 70% of those guys he'd at least be a passable, cromulent NFL body.

He's not even a backup right now.

If I’m Saleh, I’d look for an excuse to start Flacco, even if it means straight up benching ZW. I know you’re in the playoff hunt (and you can give a ton of that credit to Hall/Flacco, offensively) but the offense badly needs life. Long term hopefully it sends a message to Wilson, short term you’re looking at a QB upgrade if Flacco picks up where he left off.

Edited by Yin-Yang

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:
3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Joe Burrow?

Eh, Joe wasn’t a complete project IMO. He was a one year wonder but displayed virtually everything you can want from a QB, besides the Mahomes/Rodgers arm talent 

I’d actually consider this one - because his one year came in a year where he was throwing to the collegiate equivalent of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in Justin Jefferson and Jamarr Chase.

You had the tools, sure - but you really didn’t know about the production with two All Pro WRs flanking him. Did he make them, did they make him, or is it a simple “dat boy good…”

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

If I’m Douglas, I’d look for an excuse to start Flacco, even if it means straight up benching ZW. I know you’re in the playoff hunt (and you can give a ton of that credit to Hall/Flacco, offensively) but the offense badly needs life. Long term hopefully it sends a message to Wilson, short term you’re looking at a QB upgrade if Flacco picks up where he left off.

Flacco or White has to be the starter this weekend, if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out, but you can't keep on with this and show no accountability for not just the performance, but the months now of petulance and arrogance from a guy whom you've done literally everything to please (brought in his personal QB coach on staff, made his pick the OC, stacked the deck for him offensively). Either he gets it and over the off-season he improves or you accept that it didn't work and move forward. But sticking with him just isn't gonna work. They have a shot to make the playoffs, that matters, it matters to the culture of a team like the Jets, it matters to get that taste, if a benching after playing like this is enough to break him then he's not the guy regardless. But yeah, like you said, right now there's a clearly better quarterback on the roster and he needs to be playing.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I’d actually consider this one - because his one year came in a year where he was throwing to the collegiate equivalent of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in Justin Jefferson and Jamarr Chase.

You had the tools, sure - but you really didn’t know about the production with two All Pro WRs flanking him. Did he make them, did they make him, or is it a simple “dat boy good…”

Shrug. When I think it toolsy/project QBs, I think of guys that have some combo of shotty mechanics, inconsistent footwork, plays in a gimmicky offense, and is usually inaccurate (or at least has inconsistent accuracy). Joey B never checked those boxes IMO.

Definitely had the one-year-wonder red flag, though. Flash in the pan, all that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

In some insane twist of fate it turns out that no, all three of those guys were just that good lol. Which is why they were the best college offense ever.

• Like 2