Week 12 GDT: Texans @ Miami (Kyle Allen Era)

lumberjackchris

21 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

If this team can win with Kyle Allen then it's not as bad as it's looked and we don't need 1.1. It is though, it is as bad as it's looked. I think we maybe might win a maximum of 2 more games (JAX and hopefully possibly CLE) with either QB. 

2 wins could put us much further back in the draft. Why risk that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:
3 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

If this team can win with Kyle Allen then it's not as bad as it's looked and we don't need 1.1. It is though, it is as bad as it's looked. I think we maybe might win a maximum of 2 more games (JAX and hopefully possibly CLE) with either QB. 

2 wins could put us much further back in the draft. Why risk that?

Bingo - two wins are we’re picking outside the top 5-8. Not worth it.

5 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I think y’all are over reaching on how good Allen is. Sure he’ll be better than Mills, but their career stats at pretty similar 

I mean, I get it - but I know we’ve been close in some of those Davis Mills stinkers, and I’m worried Allen might be that lil firecracker that puts em over…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean, I get it - but I know we’ve been close in some of those Davis Mills stinkers, and I’m worried Allen might be that lil firecracker that puts em over…

Yeah, looking back earlier this season the Texans would have beaten the Broncos and Bears had they had even below average quarterback play in the 4th quarter instead of it being atrocious. So if Allen is just slightly better than Mills the rest of the year it might lead to a couple more wins.

9 hours ago, Marco79 said:

Yeah, looking back earlier this season the Texans would have beaten the Broncos and Bears had they had even below average quarterback play in the 4th quarter instead of it being atrocious. So if Allen is just slightly better than Mills the rest of the year it might lead to a couple more wins.

The only game theoretically I could see that in is vs Jax. Every other team is better than us. 

Sure the Colts and Titans haven’t looked good but their running game will beat us single handily