Resting Players post Xmas Eve

WheatieMan

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Why? 

This week, the division is still a possibility, so you play to win. Week 18, it might not be, so you can rest the critical guys Dak/CeeDee/Micah/etc

Not specific to Dallas or just one team, but some, or many, have incentive laden contracts and performance bonuses. Not to mention what i said earlier, just the competitiveness that's inherent in almost all sports. I would imagine most would want to play just win unless it was a complete and total non-factor if the team won or lost.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Not specific to Dallas or just one team, but some, or many, have incentive laden contracts and performance bonuses. Not to mention what i said earlier, just the competitiveness that's inherent in almost all sports. I would imagine most would want to play just win unless it was a complete and total non-factor if the team won or lost.

Jerry can just give the bonuses to the guys who barely miss the numbers. I imagine he would do it, too, if a player missed it because they were rested for week 18.

The competitiveness thing is a factor. We will likely hold Washington’s fate in our hands.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz