Watchin' College Football

vike daddy

a thread to discuss the upcoming college games and playoffs, and its interesting players to watch. but pleeeeease, no comments about who the Vikings should draft. we have another thread for that.

Univ of Montana storms back after being down 24-3 to win 34-24. What a 2nd half!!

The Griz advance and will take on #3 North Dakota State next Saturday in Fargo, ND!

• Like 2

Setting aside the spin, Jim Harbaugh wanted to become the head coach of the Vikings earlier this year. And even though he has since tried to claim that his NFL ship has sailed, Harbaugh has made it clear that he has “unfinished business” at the next level. On the brink of December, Harbaugh’s Michigan team is 12-0, after a rollicking 45-23 win at Ohio State.  

If the window is ever going to be open for Harbaugh to return to the NFL, it will officially be open five weeks from tomorrow. Unofficially, courtesy of the back-channel conversations that always happen, it could be open sooner than that.

Harbaugh: “One of the things that was really kind of driving me is, you know, we were in San Francisco, we got that close to winning the Super Bowl.  That’s always been a thing. There’s unfinished business there. But, hey, winning the national championship, could be really happy with that, too. So that’s the goal. That’s the one we’re chasing.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/26/jim-harbaugh-hasnt-closed-the-door-on-the-nfl-could-2023-be-the-year-he-returns/

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not sure Harbaugh represents the culture that Irsay wants to bring back to the Colts. 

Harbaugh, prior to Peyton, was the best QB leader the Colts had had since Johnny Unitas.  I wouldn't be surprised if Irsay adored him.  The only reason they traded him was because they were able to get Manning.  

Edited by swede700

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Harbaugh, prior to Peyton, was the best QB leader the Colts had had since Johnny Unitas.  I wouldn't be surprised if Irsay adored him.  The only reason they traded him was because they were able to get Manning.  

In January 2005, Harbaugh was inducted into the Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor as one of the most successful and popular players in the club's Indianapolis era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

Really, with Harbaugh, it will end being his choice on what he wants to do.  He could stay at his alma mater for life, especially with how he's performing against Ohio St, or he could move back to the NFL.  And even if he were to do that, I'm sure he could go back to Michigan...hell, they'd probably fire whoever was there just to do so.  🤣

I'm pretty sure Ryan Day probably would love for him to leave, because he's jeopardizing his job.  

Edited by swede700

Jason Garrett was in the running for the Duke head coaching job last year and he’s reportedly a top candidate for another college opening this year. Stewart Mandel of TheAthletic.com reports that Garrett is a finalist for the opening at Stanford. Their longtime head coach David Shaw stepped down last month.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/08/report-jason-garrett-a-finalist-for-stanford-head-coaching-job/

• 1 month later...