The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Nah bro you reading it how you want to read it, you don't have to be a top 5 QB to play at a consistent decent level. Jimmy is nowhere near top 5 but he was consistently decent. And there are a bunch of QB'S who don't f off games on a regular.

This you don’t need to be top 5

just win more than you lose when you get your chances in the redzone or third down

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You keep craping on the roster and while it's a work in process Adams, Renfrow and Meyers are a top 5-7 WR unit in the league. TE is solid. Jacobs is a top 5 back in the league (and will be back when the money kicks in). Kolton Miller is a top 7-10 LT.

This roster looks better than at any point in the last 5 years easily. 

I've never said this team has no talent, every team in the NFL has some talent, however our overall talent is bottom of the league.

Adams is a total stud, there is no debating that but his elite window is narrowing as he is getting up there in age.  Meyers is an average, slow WR2 that is not great after the catch.  Renfrow when healthy is a top slot WR but slot WR's like Renfrow are limited in what they can do.  He doesn't possess the skill to work on the outside.  Collectively, when healthy I agree that they are to 7 but a good WR corp while fun to watch doesn't translate into wins when the rest of the roster is well below average.  

Miller is a 12ish LT but the Oline as a group is below average.  Jimmy G is a below average QB.  Jacobs is a top 10 back but when will he be on the field?  Who knows...  Hooper is a below average TE and who knows what Meyer will turn out to be.  He appears to be a well balanced blocker/pass catcher but is not the caliber of pass catcher of a Waller. 

The D outside of Maxx is downright terrible, has atrocious depth and is littered with below average players.  The D will once again be the Achilles heel of the season and will negatively impact the play of Jimmy G.  He will no longer be protecting a lead by heavily leaning on the run game, he will have tremendous pressure playing catch up with minimal threat of the run game.  He has never preformed well in those situations which was highlighted in the KC SB game.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again the difference between a below average starting QB like Jimmy G and a pro clipboard holding super bum like Nick Montana is massive.  

Below average QB that has been compared to Steve Young and has one of the best win % in NFL history. Dude the anti-DC. 

Handsome, winner, likeable, leader

All things was inept with

Can you see my new sig???

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Below average QB that has been compared to Steve Young and has one of the best win % in NFL history. Dude the anti-DC. 

very weird that the QB being handsome and likeable is so important to you. 

If your a great qb, people will like you. Tom Brady was a bit of an ***, but got the job done. Teamates loved him for that. 
Seems like you keep mistaking playing QB for someone you want to date lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LOL If what you're saying is true then it shouldn't matter one bit that he is going from playing behind the best D in the NFL, one of the top Olines, a top play caller and an O littered with weapons to the dumpster fire known as the LV Raiders.   

Playoffs here we come...  Why because Jimmy G is a "winner". No context needed, he just wins 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

very weird that the QB being handsome and likeable is so important to you. 

If your a great qb, people will like you. Tom Brady was a bit of an ***, but got the job done. Teamates loved him for that. 
Seems like you keep mistaking playing QB for someone you want to date lol

If I was a female I’d let Jimmy G clap em. Carr big ole head arse hell nah 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL If what you're saying is true then it shouldn't matter one bit that he is going from playing behind the best D in the NFL, one of the top Olines, a top play caller and an O littered with weapons to the dumpster fire known as the LV Raiders.   

Playoffs here we come...  Why because Jimmy G is a "winner". No context needed, he just wins 😂

I’m honestly expecting Super Bowl with Jimmy to guide us.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I was a female I’d let Jimmy G clap em. Carr big ole head arse hell nah 

lol I can tell. 
Just wish you loved Jimmy because of say his pocket awareness, or scrambling some qb trait but thinking its just purely because of his appearance. 
and unfortunately that doesnt help him on the field. 

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

lol I can tell. 
Just wish you loved Jimmy because of say his pocket awareness, or scrambling some qb trait but thinking its just purely because of his appearance. 
and unfortunately that doesnt help him on the field. 

It has helped him win at the 7th best rate in nfl history