Vikings Uniform History

brooks1957

Happy Thanksgiving to all Viking fans - Brooksie here. Lifelong Browns and NFL fan (since 1965).

I saw this this link on one of my Browns websites, so I began reading it. It is a captivating read, and just too good not to share. It's always great to look back at your team's history.

Enjoy - and good luck today in Detroit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21409647

I saw this as well, and for the first time since I've never been to the stadium and its exhibit.

Kind of disappointed in the origin of the colors. I was told when I was a kid that we were supposed to be red and gold as a tribute their "earnings" from plundering. Once the uniforms were tossed in the washing machine though, the red was bleached purple and we decided to stay with it.

I never really believed that story, but it's better than the creator made us a knock off some college team.

I had read that article too...that was outstanding. The origin makes sense to me though and should have been fairly obvious.  I like the current jerseys, but I wish they would have stuck with these originals and just modernized it a little.  The Norseman logo was a brilliant idea of his.  

Archived