Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That was never an option. They put the contract together thinking he'd be their QB going foward. This is all moot if Carr didn't stink it up. 

You guys crack me up, NEVER an option. Lol. It absolutely WAS an option. Yes, he could’ve held out, like I don’t understand that for Christ’s sake!! I’m not gonna waste my time going back n forth, I’ve said in other posts it was a prove it deal and he didn’t prove it. The NTC and dates put in that contract nutted us!! PERIOD!! If he didn’t want to sign the deal if written better for us, then pull the deal and tell him to play or hold out. Then you trade him this offseason to WHOEVER we want for WHATEVER you can get. Oh yeah, and if he walks (like he did now) we at least get a comp. it’s his first rodeo, I get that so I’ll kinda give DZ a mulligan. But Carr’s contract was not done as well AS IT COULDVE BEEN. neither was Jones contract. That much guaranteed to a 32 yr old DE, that got 5 of his 10.5 sacks in one game the year before was QUESTIONABLE. I’m just hoping he learns from those mistakes!! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Carr homers that are rooting for the Raiders to fail are really showing their colors right now. 

I can proudly say I am rooting for this version of the raiders to fail... and fail hard. I am rooting for Josh McDaniels to never win another game as a Head Coach of the Raiders and for him and Dave Ziegler to be fired. 

8 minutes ago, RaiderChef said:

I can proudly say I am rooting for this version of the raiders to fail... and fail hard. I am rooting for Josh McDaniels to never win another game as a Head Coach of the Raiders and for him and Dave Ziegler to be fired. 

How can you be a fan and be actively rooting for the regime to fail? Lol

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

You guys crack me up, NEVER an option. Lol. It absolutely WAS an option. Yes, he could’ve held out, like I don’t understand that for Christ’s sake!! I’m not gonna waste my time going back n forth, I’ve said in other posts it was a prove it deal and he didn’t prove it. The NTC and dates put in that contract nutted us!! PERIOD!! If he didn’t want to sign the deal if written better for us, then pull the deal and tell him to play or hold out. Then you trade him this offseason to WHOEVER we want for WHATEVER you can get. Oh yeah, and if he walks (like he did now) we at least get a comp. it’s his first rodeo, I get that so I’ll kinda give DZ a mulligan. But Carr’s contract was not done as well AS IT COULDVE BEEN. neither was Jones contract. That much guaranteed to a 32 yr old DE, that got 5 of his 10.5 sacks in one game the year before was QUESTIONABLE. I’m just hoping he learns from those mistakes!! 

I’m sure telling him he had to play on the final year of his deal, testing to see if he’d hold out, and then shopping him would’ve been a great way for the new regime to get the ball rolling.

Carr’s camp clearly wanted the Feb 15 deadline and NTC because they had to protect their best interest. The dude signed a 121M deal with only 9M in GTD money, lol. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

It is frustrating that they committed to Carr (his next team will do the same in some capacity,) but they did and I am not sure what took place in the negotiations and how they viewed him in JM systems with DA as the #1 but we were at least able to get out of the contract pretty easily after 1 yr so I'm not to butt hurt like some folks. I too am hoping Jones can play better this year, maybe with some interior rush it could help him.   

Just now, Raiderlife24 said:

It is frustrating that they committed to Carr (his next team will do the same in some capacity,) but they did and I am not sure what took place in the negotiations and how they viewed him in JM systems with DA as the #1 but we were at least able to get out of the contract pretty easily after 1 yr so I'm not to butt hurt like some folks. I too am hoping Jones can play better this year, maybe with some interior rush it could help him.   

I think it’s pretty clear how the negotiations went. They basically told Carr we have no problem paying you like a top tier QB going forward if you prove that you can play like one this season. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m sure telling him he had to play on the final year of his deal, testing to see if he’d hold out, and then shopping him would’ve been a great way for the new regime to get the ball rolling.

Carr’s camp clearly wanted the Feb 15 deadline and NTC because they had to protect their best interest. The dude signed a 121M deal with only 9M in GTD money, lol. 

How did I know you’d have to have another say, you know, the last word....lol! No sh*t? They did have to protect their own interest.....and so did we, which we did a not so good job of. All I’m saying is I hope DZ does better in the future.  Is that ok? Can I go back to having my own opinion now? Thanks for playin. 

9 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

I agree with them getting out relatively easily. And I’m definitely not butt hurt, hell in the back of my mind as soon as I saw the contract details last offseason I knew he’d be gone. It’s just something I hope DZ learns from, like I said. And yeah, all of us are hoping Jones improves, that’s all we can do. Lol. Again, not the best contract. And if you had to write it that way to get him to sign? Then don’t flippin sign him. Lol

6 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

How did I know you’d have to have another say, you know, the last word....lol! No sh*t? They did have to protect their own interest.....and so did we, which we did a not so good job of. All I’m saying is I hope DZ does better in the future.  Is that ok? Can I go back to having my own opinion now? Thanks for playin. 

Being able to get out of a 121M contract with almost 0 dead money and the flexibility to add another QB immediately seems like it was our best interest at lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Being able to get out of a 121M contract with almost 0 dead money and the flexibility to add another QB immediately seems like it was our best interest at lol

We paid for it in terms of not getting anything in return for a starting caliber QB. When guys like Wentz and Darnold are netting teams 1s and 2s 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We paid for it in terms of not getting anything in return for a starting caliber QB. When guys like Wentz and Darnold are netting teams 1s and 2s 

It would’ve been nice to get a pick. Darnold was on a rookie contract and the Eagles had to eat $33M in dead cap to move Wentz. 

2 hours ago, RaiderChef said:

How profound. Let's hope they implode and we get yet another reboot. Another roster overhaul. More inconsistency. More playbooks to learn and player fits to find. Rinse and repeat, same as it ever was.

Some of you are all too much. Anything to make the bad man go away I guess. 

• Like 2