The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha

beekay414

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Really going to question fitzy if we only end up with Timo for 1.5 years considering what we gave up

Prioritizing Bratt over Meier is not smart .  7.8 would be fine for JB.  He may not be a top guy but he’s still heck of a player. 

Im hoping we retain Haula (UFA), Mikey and Bahl (RFAs ) and I’d like Tatar for one more year if we can . 

57 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Prioritizing Bratt over Meier is not smart .  7.8 would be fine for JB.  He may not be a top guy but he’s still heck of a player. 

Im hoping we retain Haula (UFA), Mikey and Bahl (RFAs ) and I’d like Tatar for one more year if we can . 

Tatar is probably gone. He was once again completely abysmal in the playoffs which has been his MO for years now. I think they'll probably just let him walk and go back to playing Sharangovich regularly at a slightly cheaper figure than Tatar would want. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Tatar is probably gone. He was once again completely abysmal in the playoffs which has been his MO for years now. I think they'll probably just let him walk and go back to playing Sharangovich regularly at a slightly cheaper figure than Tatar would want. 

I’d like that , but he didn’t play too much late which I don’t think is a good sign 

It'll be interesting to see if we make any kind of roster adjustments and go grab some heavier players this offseason. Bottom 6 needs some big time work IMO. I'd rather be like Carolina or Dallas than be top heavy like Edmonton and Toronto. We need to get that figured out.

I'm also excited for a full season of Luke Hughes and potentially Simon Nemec. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It'll be interesting to see if we make any kind of roster adjustments and go grab some heavier players this offseason. Bottom 6 needs some big time work IMO. I'd rather be like Carolina or Dallas than be top heavy like Edmonton and Toronto. We need to get that figured out.

I'm also excited for a full season of Luke Hughes and potentially Simon Nemec. 

I doubt that we do much on the bottom six. Wood heads out, I expect him to be replaced by lazar and hopefully Foote. 

I expect Mikey and Bastian back for sure. Haula I expect to re-sign, but if he doesn't, he could be a target to replace.  Boqvist is an rfa and I could actually see them walk from him, but another scenario where I think it's done internally. 

I'd love if they make a push on Ross Colton though. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I doubt that we do much on the bottom six. Wood heads out, I expect him to be replaced by lazar and hopefully Foote. 

I expect Mikey and Bastian back for sure. Haula I expect to re-sign, but if he doesn't, he could be a target to replace.  Boqvist is an rfa and I could actually see them walk from him, but another scenario where I think it's done internally. 

I'd love if they make a push on Ross Colton though. 

We need more offensive production from the bottom 6 or they have to get significantly heavier to play against. They either need to score some or be hard to play against and give teams a different look than our top 6. Right now, the BMW line kind of does that but none of those clowns have any real hockey skill so there's really no threat of giving up much if you make mistakes. I know that the bottom 6 isn't meant to be for scoring but you can't build an entire group out of non-skill guys. If we lose Haula, the bottom 6 is a dumpster fire offensively and that's making Haula seem like a damn stud offensively lol.

I think Lazar needs to be nothing more than the 13th forward. He's not good enough to be someone that you count on every time out. I get allocating resources but we've got to get harder to play against and it starts with the bottom 6.

I could see them go into the season with a lineup like

Bratt Nico Mercer

Palat Jack Timo

Rango haula xxxxx

Lazar Mikey Bastian

When you consider internal replacements in Foote and Thompson (neither is waiver eligible I think, and Foote seems like the type who is ready for a bottom line or 13th forward role... Though I don't think Thompson is a thing ) and giving holtz another shot, I think they mainly look internal and just sign some guys to ptos who can fill in if those internal replacements poop the bed. 

There is a question on who they sign to be the third part righty next year as I don't think Nemec starts the year there

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha