The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

You thinking Holtz gets dealt for a goalie then? 

The only reason he doesn't is that he's a toxic asset worth less than someone like lenni, I think.  I could see a team like Calgary not even want him and prefer Casey or lenni.  They have their own version of holtz in coronato anyway. 

If he stays on the team, he's largely a waste of space. The 16 goals are nice, but too many games where he plays 7 minutes and get ripped by coaches. He's legit less valuable to this team than Lazar is

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only reason he doesn't is that he's a toxic asset worth less than someone like lenni, I think.  I could see a team like Calgary not even want him and prefer Casey or lenni.  They have their own version of holtz in coronato anyway. 

If he stays on the team, he's largely a waste of space. The 16 goals are nice, but too many games where he plays 7 minutes and get ripped by coaches. He's legit less valuable to this team than Lazar is

I didn't mean as the headliner haha. I just meant in a package. There's obviously no spot on this team for him anymore and he's not going to want to come back. He's not a RFA yet so he doesn't have any negotiating power but it's gonna be contentious either way with how dog**** Ruff and Green were to him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't mean as the headliner haha. I just meant in a package. There's obviously no spot on this team for him anymore and he's not going to want to come back. He's not a RFA yet so he doesn't have any negotiating power but it's gonna be contentious either way with how dog**** Ruff and Green were to him.

Yeah, it's really tough. Give that kid a lot of credit for not making a stink about it. Haven't heard from Green if he addressed the benching, but the broadcast thought it may be because he wasn't on the boards when siegs threw the puck around right to karlsson lol

Like siegs doesn't pay attention to where he's going with the puck, but it's holtz's fault 😂

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it's really tough. Give that kid a lot of credit for not making a stink about it. Haven't heard from Green if he addressed the benching, but the broadcast thought it may be because he wasn't on the boards when siegs threw the puck around right to karlsson lol

Like siegs doesn't pay attention to where he's going with the puck, but it's holtz's fault 😂

Just more of your typical bull**** that's been said all year. Hold him to a standard that you hold literally none of the other players to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just more of your typical bull**** that's been said all year. Hold him to a standard that you hold literally none of the other players to. 

The thing is, they are probably right and he's just not capable of playing a good all around game. 

But not everyone is a two way player. If that's what they drafted him for, their drafting ideology and scouting is absolutely jacked. 

The fact that they pick and choose who to hold randomly accountable is messed up. Probably why the culture is ****ed

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The thing is, they are probably right and he's just not capable of playing a good all around game. 

But not everyone is a two way player. If that's what they drafted him for, their drafting ideology and scouting is absolutely jacked. 

The fact that they pick and choose who to hold randomly accountable is messed up. Probably why the culture is ****ed

It just makes no friggin' sense. Anyone with eyes can see that one of their golden children, Brendan Smith, routinely plays dumbass hockey, yet they never hold him accountable and even rely on him to be a driving force for the team. Why? Because he's a veteran? I just don't get it. You cannot tell me that Luke Hughes doesn't consistently make rookie mistakes but we don't yoyo him. Why? Because he's Jack's brother and you risk pissing off your franchise player? We playing politics now? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It just makes no friggin' sense. Anyone with eyes can see that one of their golden children, Brendan Smith, routinely plays dumbass hockey, yet they never hold him accountable and even rely on him to be a driving force for the team. Why? Because he's a veteran? I just don't get it. You cannot tell me that Luke Hughes doesn't consistently make rookie mistakes but we don't yoyo him. Why? Because he's Jack's brother and you risk pissing off your franchise player? We playing politics now? 

We've honestly reached a point where I wonder if there are some very good players who are fortunate that Lou isn't still in charge lol 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We've honestly reached a point where I wonder if there are some very good players who are fortunate that Lou isn't still in charge lol 

You think Jack would kiss the ring? lol

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan