The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

100%. Honestly, and I know McRidiculous is snapping points wise, but if they miss the playoffs and we make it, Jack should garner a ton of support this year. 

Of the top 10, that isn't Karlsson, Jack has the least amount of PP points, so he's doing major damage 5v5 and he's doing it attached to ******* Haula and Tatar for the most part. 

You can make the case that Jack is already the best us born player. I'd understand someone saying Matthews given he's coming off the Hart himself, but I think Jack is definitely making that a conversation already

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

You can make the case that Jack is already the best us born player. I'd understand someone saying Matthews given he's coming off the Hart himself, but I think Jack is definitely making that a conversation already

It's Matthews...for now. This time next year? Yeah, it won't even be an argument.

• Like 1

If the  San Jose front office is serious about rebuilding and having a chance at bedard, they need to trade Timo and Reimer like yesterday. 

I didn't realize that they are dead last in the league in wins (with the most game played at 50 for relevant teams at the bottom), but they are only 28th in points. LIke, that's a substantial difference. They lead the league in loser points at 11. 

Moving Timo and Reimer probably turns future loser points into just straight losses. 

Losing out on Bedard because you were racking up loser points is just brutal lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pay Me GIF

It's a misleading headline, especially since he was saying that if you were hoping to avoid the QO, it wasn't going to be much cheaper on the extension. Lebrun basically just said that he think it starts with a 9. Could be the JG contract. 

If it's 9, they may as well just lock that up and make it happen now though. 

Just now, Forge said:

It's a misleading headline, especially since he was saying that if you were hoping to avoid the QO, it wasn't going to be much cheaper on the extension. Lebrun basically just said that he think it starts with a 9. Could be the JG contract. 

If it's 9, they may as well just lock that up and make it happen now though. 

I give him the JG contract in a millisecond. He actually fits us better than JG anyways.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I give him the JG contract in a millisecond. He actually fits us better than JG anyways.

I think it depends on where they are with regards to Bratt and what he wants and all that good jazz. 

I like Palat, but man, that was not a great long term contract to give out. 

• 9.75 for Timo
  • 9 for Dougie
  • 8.5 for Bratt
  • 8 for Jack
  • 7.25 for Nico
  • 6 for Palat
  • 4.4 for marino 
  • 3.4 for Siegs

That's 56.3 million tied into 8 skaters. 59.3  between 8 skaters and 1 goalie. 

So that's 25 million in the short term to be spread out for another 13 spots? That's going to be some paper thin depth all things considered. 

A guy like Rango almost certainly has to go. Going to really have to hope that there's a big jump in cap in 2 years when a guy like Mercer comes up.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it depends on where they are with regards to Bratt and what he wants and all that good jazz. 

I like Palat, but man, that was not a great long term contract to give out. 

• 9.75 for Timo
  • 9 for Dougie
  • 8.5 for Bratt
  • 8 for Jack
  • 7.25 for Nico
  • 6 for Palat
  • 4.4 for marino 
  • 3.4 for Siegs

That's 56.3 million tied into 8 skaters. 59.3  between 8 skaters and 1 goalie. 

So that's 25 million in the short term to be spread out for another 13 spots? That's going to be some paper thin depth all things considered. 

A guy like Rango almost certainly has to go. Going to really have to hope that there's a big jump in cap in 2 years when a guy like Mercer comes up.

Other teams are capable of doing it, I don't know why we can't. That's why draft and develop is so important. We're going to need productive ELC guys. Palat, in time, will be sent to Robidas Island if we get into real cap trouble.