The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is

beekay414

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sharks fans are so upset and man, I think that they are just off their rocker. This is a really good return for his position and his contract situation 

I gotta see the conditions on that 2024 1st. But they got a really nice return for him IMO. I like every guy we sent out except the guy with the racist nickname lol.

Conditions for the 2024 pick:

• San Jose Receives Conditional 2024 Second-Round Pick: Should New Jersey reach the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals (and Meier plays in at least 50% of Meier's Club's Playoff games in 2023) or the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals, New Jersey will transfer its own first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft to San Jose (top 10 protected), instead of its own second-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft. If New Jersey's first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft is a top 10 selection, New Jersey will have the option to instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft to San Jose. Should New Jersey transfer its first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft per the original condition (top-two above in Condition A), New Jersey will instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft should they reach the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Conditions for the 2024 pick:

• San Jose Receives Conditional 2024 Second-Round Pick: Should New Jersey reach the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals (and Meier plays in at least 50% of Meier's Club's Playoff games in 2023) or the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals, New Jersey will transfer its own first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft to San Jose (top 10 protected), instead of its own second-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft. If New Jersey's first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft is a top 10 selection, New Jersey will have the option to instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft to San Jose. Should New Jersey transfer its first-round pick in 2024 NHL Draft per the original condition (top-two above in Condition A), New Jersey will instead transfer its own first-round pick in 2025 NHL Draft should they reach the 2024 Eastern Conference Finals.

Beautiful

I think the emergence of Topias Vilen this year helped make Mookie expendable. We got an ideal perfect fit and didn't give up anything significant to our future. I love Big Z but we're great at finding middle six forward talent and there's a chance that Clarke, Thompson, Stillman, Foote and even Holtz (or Gritsyuk, Filmon or Hauser) can take his role.

God, we have so many assets to use. They may all not be great but the flexibility is going to pay off for when we're going after cups.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is