The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is

beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

All it took for Barbashev was Zach Dean? Have we not learned our lesson about QMJHL production yet?

The funny thing is that his production isn't even that great in his D+2 season in the Q. He's got that first round pedigree though, which I think is what St Louis was targeting. 

And he'll either be in the NHL or AHL next year, so he's close to contributing in some manner. 

Just now, Forge said:

The funny thing is that his production isn't even that great in his D+2 season in the Q. He's got that first round pedigree though, which I think is what St Louis was targeting. 

And he'll either be in the NHL or AHL next year, so he's close to contributing in some manner. 

When are teams going to learn that 1st round pedigree means absolutely nothing? Especially at pick 30 lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Someone did bring up the point that trading Muk may mean no Gritsyuk down the line since he's specifically mentioned Mookie as someone that'll help him transition to the NA game.

Yeah, I heard that as well. 

I know I'd get pooped on at HF for this take, but I'd honestly rather move Casey than Mookie. I'm still not sold on a sub 5'10 guy as a defender in the NHL. He may be wonderful offensively like Quinn Hughes, but there aren't too many defenders that size who are actually capable defenders. I think he carries a lot of risk at the NHL level and transitioning that we don't see while he plays in college. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I heard that as well. 

I know I'd get pooped on at HF for this take, but I'd honestly rather move Casey than Mookie. I'm still not sold on a sub 5'10 guy as a defender in the NHL. He may be wonderful offensively like Quinn Hughes, but there aren't too many defenders that size who are actually capable defenders. I think he carries a lot of risk at the NHL level and transitioning that we don't see while he plays in college. 

That's why I mentioned moving him to forward. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is