The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is

beekay414

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder if Buffalo makes a late push for Timo with tuch hitting IR. I don't think they will because it's pretty questionable whether they will make the playoffs, but maybe they playoff protect the pick... But that's still a risk in 2024

We're wrapping this up tomorrow and Timo's meeting us in Colorado. Them's the rules.

Edited by beekay414

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If we can get Timo Meier, Yakov Trenin and a bottom pair LHD to bump Smith to the 7th dman role, this trade deadline would be absolutely perfect. 

I think that I would take a flyer on Vrana at that point, to be honest..well, if Detroit is going to retain (which they have to because they know nobody is taking on that contract even for free). 

Vrana at something like 4.25 for this year and next is a worthy gamble, I think

Just now, Forge said:

I think that I would take a flyer on Vrana at that point, to be honest..well, if Detroit is going to retain (which they have to because they know nobody is taking on that contract even for free). 

Vrana at something like 4.25 for this year and next is a worthy gamble, I think

He's a fallback if we get the rug pulled out from underneath us on Meier but I'm not sure how he fits if we get Timo. Trenin slots in perfectly on the 4th line. Can Vrana play 3rd line minutes?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's a fallback if we get the rug pulled out from underneath us on Meier but I'm not sure how he fits if we get Timo. Trenin slots in perfectly on the 4th line. Can Vrana play 3rd line minutes?

I would only target Vrana if we missed Timo. Sorry, I misread your post. 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is