The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

47 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wait a god damn minute...

We had Logan Thompson in our system at one point? How did I not know this/remember this?

He actually only got a try out contract.  Just played one game in bing I think

Just now, Ninerholic said:

Forge who is this Blackwood dweeb and is he worth a 6th?

He's really bad. At one point, we thought he was going to be something. But he's mentally fragile, insanely injury prone. He'll help you a ton with the tank though

• Like 1

I loved me some TT as a Flame. He's got a great shot and has a high GAF level. You won't see him coast or taking shifts off often. All around good dude and one of the few who excelled in this hell hole last year. He'll be an enormous lockeroom add imo.

I will note however I was a big advocate of not re-signing him/shipping him off asap. He's coming off an insanely high career year (I see him more of a 40-50 point guy) is already 31 and quite honestly slow as molasses. What will his role be in NJ? He was getting huge minutes and PP1 time. Will that continue?

I wish nothing but the best for him and I still am not a fan of this trade. Not because I think Yegor is brutal but I thought we'd get more for a cost controlled scoring leader. But I suppose teams just weren't lining up for him.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I loved me some TT as a Flame. He's got a great shot and has a high GAF level. You won't see him coast or taking shifts off often. All around good dude and one of the few who excelled in this hell hole last year. He'll be an enormous lockeroom add imo.

I will note however I was a big advocate of not re-signing him/shipping him off asap. He's coming off an insanely high career year (I see him more of a 40-50 point guy) is already 31 and quite honestly slow as molasses. What will his role be in NJ? He was getting huge minutes and PP1 time. Will that continue?

I wish nothing but the best for him and I still am not a fan of this trade. Not because I think Yegor is brutal but I thought we'd get more for a cost controlled scoring leader. But I suppose teams just weren't lining up for him.

He'll be in the top 6 and I assume they'll put him on pp1. The problem may be where to put him. I thought someone say he played the half wall on the pp for Calgary and that's Jack's spot. 

I have to think that the power play is one of the reasons they got him. The pp went down the crapper in the playoffs. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?