The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

I'm pretty sure the season is over. We are one point ahead of Columbus for last place.

Toffoli should be moved at the deadline. Possibly Mikey as well. Miller won't return much, but at the end of the season we should be playing Nemec

40 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Shut it down

Sucks that our pick is locked 

Why is that?

It's not locked per se. 

Part of the Timo trade involved a conditional pick this year. It's a second. However it could have become a first if we made the conference finals. Since there is no chance of that, we have our first but not our second

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not locked per se. 

Part of the Timo trade involved a conditional pick this year. It's a second. However it could have become a first if we made the conference finals. Since there is no chance of that, we have our first but not our second

I ran tankathon and our lotto pick didnt move

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I ran tankathon and our lotto pick didnt move

Generally speaking it won't. I just ran about 15 sims and finally got us in first. There's no such thing as locking in the positioning at this point

• Like 1

Guys, we really gotta calm down with the ‘it’s over’ stuff.

It has not been looking good but we’re only 5 points away from 3rd in the Metro.

In every sport there are peaks and valleys . Right now could be our lowest point of the year. 

Last year we had a 3-10 stretch.

Plenty of season left. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Guys, we really gotta calm down with the ‘it’s over’ stuff.

It has not been looking good but we’re only 5 points away from 3rd in the Metro.

In every sport there are peaks and valleys . Right now could be our lowest point of the year. 

Last year we had a 3-10 stretch.

Plenty of season left. 

In the salary cap era (20 years), about 80% of the playoff positioning is known by Thanksgiving. It's been just shy of 80% the last decade as well. So pretty consistent. 

So there is a chance, of course, but historically our current position has not yielded positive results

11 hours ago, Forge said:

In the salary cap era (20 years), about 80% of the playoff positioning is known by Thanksgiving. It's been just shy of 80% the last decade as well. So pretty consistent. 

So there is a chance, of course, but historically our current position has not yielded positive results

Vegas still has us as -200 to make the playoffs. 2.5 games out isn’t a death sentence . 

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Rare win/win trade imo.

Yegor is quickly becoming one of my favourite Flames. He's earned a ton more PT time imo. He is LETHAL on the penalty shot/shootout and just makes plays. He started off slowly but he's slowly coming on.

I hated how many Calgary fans on HF blasted the trade. Rango is a solid middle six guy who just got squeezed. It happens. 

And he's amazingly likeable

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Vegas still has us as -200 to make the playoffs. 2.5 games out isn’t a death sentence . 

Like I said, history has not looked kindly upon our current position. 20% of the time, teams have overcome, so it's not impossible, but generally speaking that is what you're looking at. 

They need a good, long winning streak. Not sure they have the goaltending or defense to do it, but we'll see. I would just hold off on doing anything drastic from a roster standpoint.