The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

It's funny how every big move Fitz has made the last couple of years looked good at the time and kind of turned into crap so far. Here's hoping it turns around!

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's funny how every big move Fitz has made the last couple of years looked good at the time and kind of turned into crap so far. Here's hoping it turns around!

Like what? His worst move was a non move with the goalie situation 

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Like what? His worst move was a non move with the goalie situation 

Timo trade has been awful. Toffoli for Rango trade looks bad. Zacha found his game in Boston (though he may have regressed back to what he was in Jersey). All of his trades kind of suck this year. Marino trade is still good, but he probably deserves to be benched. That's how bad he's been this year 

They all went bad this year, so hopefully they get back next year

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Timo trade has been awful. Toffoli for Rango trade looks bad. Zacha found his game in Boston (though he may have regressed back to what he was in Jersey). All of his trades kind of suck this year. Marino trade is still good, but he probably deserves to be benched. That's how bad he's been this year 

They all went bad this year, so hopefully they get back next year

Timo has been hurt. When healthy he had a 9/11 scoring streak. The other two are most certainly win-win trades. 

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Timo has been hurt. When healthy he had a 9/11 scoring streak. The other two are most certainly win-win trades. 

Timo has been hurt...that counts as bad lol. He's also scored 29 points in 49 games for the devils. That's awful. He's going to have to get a lot better for that to not look like a big time mistake. 

Sharangovich is currently outscoring Toffoli, is younger, cheaper, and has another year on the deal while the devils also gave up a third round pick. That's a loss right now. Now, I don't expect Rango to outscore Toffoli the entire year, but the other factors probably push this toward a wasted trade. 

Marino trade didn't involve enough going the other way to ever really be a loss (marino's one good year covers a 3rd round rental), but he has fallen apart this year. 

LIS, all the shine has clearly fallen off these moves for now. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Timo has been hurt...that counts as bad lol. He's also scored 29 points in 49 games for the devils. That's awful. He's going to have to get a lot better for that to not look like a big time mistake. 

Sharangovich is currently outscoring Toffoli, is younger, cheaper, and has another year on the deal while the devils also gave up a third round pick. That's a loss right now. Now, I don't expect Rango to outscore Toffoli the entire year, but the other factors probably push this toward a wasted trade. 

Marino trade didn't involve enough going the other way to ever really be a loss (marino's one good year covers a 3rd round rental), but he has fallen apart this year. 

LIS, all the shine has clearly fallen off these moves for now. 

When I hear a trade was ‘bad’ I assume that means a desire to take it back. I wouldn’t take any of those back

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

When I hear a trade was ‘bad’ I assume that means a desire to take it back. I wouldn’t take any of those back

They were all good at the time and they all made sense. They all look bad in hindsight right now. Some may change once it gets going again. But like even the Blake Coleman deal. We kind of ended up with nothing there and Coleman has been awesome ever since. But you make that trade 100 times out of 100

Fitz has to be careful though because trades working out matters. Shero's trades all made sense too (well, except a couple), but they went bad. I make that subban trade every time. I make the marjo trade every time. Same for gusev. But they all turned sour.