The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

Really ready for this season to be over for Timo. 

Hopefully he flips a switch next year. Last year adjusting to a new team, this year the injuries...hopefully that's just what it is because this is really bad so far, but I also don't know that Lindy knows what to do with him, tbh. He moves him everywhere in the lineup trying to figure out who meshes well with him. 

I haven't checked to see if it's accurate, but someone said that we have to go 20-10-3 the rest of the way to make it to 96 points

I'm pretty sure this season is over. I don't think we've had a stretch with that kind of point production all year, tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't checked to see if it's accurate, but someone said that we have to go 20-10-3 the rest of the way to make it to 96 points

I'm pretty sure this season is over. I don't think we've had a stretch with that kind of point production all year, tbh. 

Might not need 96 points

Just now, Malfatron said:

Might not need 96 points

That's already on the lower side. Last year was 94. Year before 101. 99 before that. 98 before that. 96 the year before. 

The biggest problem is that they are chasing too many teams. They are 6 points behind the wildcard with only 2 games in hand. 

They are 7 points behind in the division and they have 3 games in hand, but they are tied with Pitt who have 5 games in hand. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's already on the lower side. Last year was 94. Year before 101. 99 before that. 98 before that. 96 the year before. 

The biggest problem is that they are chasing too many teams. They are 6 points behind the wildcard with only 2 games in hand. 

They are 7 points behind in the division and they have 3 games in hand, but they are tied with Pitt who have 5 games in hand. 

Im holding out hope, but yeah we will probably know in a few weeks whether theres a shot

15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Trade for Markstrom!

I don't want them to right now. The season is largely cooked, so making a panic move is not something I really care to do. I think you just revisit that in the off season. 

That being said, the Marstrom thing is starting to pick up steam. Pagnotta earlier today: 

Speaking with two separate sources close to Markstrom’s camp, New Jersey would be a team he would seriously consider going to, if asked. Talks have not hit that level of seriousness just yet, but if they do, my understanding is Markstrom would not stand in the way of a move to the Devils. But it’s going to cost Fitzgerald a nice asset or two, especially if either Hanifin or Tanev are part of the mix.

The Flames are believed to have interest in Devils youngster Alexander Holtz