The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

On 2/10/2024 at 9:00 PM, Malfatron said:

This next stretch is very winnable and has some games with bubble teams that we need to beat

7-2 in our next 9 games With losses against kings and rangers and its managable.

But yeah, we need to amp it up or the season could be over before march.

I just want one more run to put up in the mix

According to plan.

No worries

Just such a mediocre squad. Really hope they give give up a lot for markstrom. Even if this team accidentally makes it to the playoffs, they aren't actual contenders of any sort

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just such a mediocre squad. Really hope they give give up a lot for markstrom. Even if this team accidentally makes it to the playoffs, they aren't actual contenders of any sort

Just give me a new ******* coach

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If it ain't Elliotte, it ain't for me.

Supposedly had to wait until after the Calgary game because vladar can't come back until tomorrow so markstrom had to back up wolf. 

I think even some of the devils fans are buying in now. 

I'm like you. Give me the legit guys or I don't believe it

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Shocking....

Wolf got sent back down and Markstrom is at practice. 

I can't believe we've been led astray by random interwebs posters 

Fwiw I have read that we played Wolf (And not Markstrom) last night due to the Devils and Flames being engaged in such serious trade talks.

Could be BS but I read some Flames forums who have had correct leaks before and it sounds like there is a ton of smoke with him to NJ....

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw I have read that we played Wolf (And not Markstrom) last night due to the Devils and Flames being engaged in such serious trade talks.

Could be BS but I read some Flames forums who have had correct leaks before and it sounds like there is a ton of smoke with him to NJ....

Oh, there is. And I'm reasonably sure that something will eventually get done now (I'll call it 60/40). 

The primary guys are basically like, "yeah, they're talking and trying to fix it...devils are talking to some other teams, etc". CJ said that they haven't actually gotten to a point of asking Markstrom to waive and Lebrun says that the compensation for retention is still a sticking point, so I don't think that they are quite there at the finish line yet. But people were acting like this was going to be announced last night. 

• Like 1