2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

23 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think Vegas and the Jets are likely the two teams in the hunt for Rodgers

Carr has 16 days left on his deadline. This could be a huge factor if the Rodgers situation plays out longer than expected. 

Jimmy G is interesting because if health wasn't an issue, he would be the guy. With him, you know he can get the job done with talent around him. I'm curious to see if the 49ers decide to trade one of their younger QBs, would they try to bring Jimmy G. Back? This could very well turn into a RG3 & Kirk Cousins situation. Especially if Purdy makes it to the Super Bowl. I can't imagine the 23yr old being bench after that. 

Daniel Jones is still on my list because I haven't heard much about him being resigned. My interest isn't based on his performance last season, I often think about his rookie year. I have my concerns about his ability to attack down field, but I think he can be a really good QB in the right system. 

If we strike out with all 4 some how, I'd resign Mike White and pick up someone like Mariota, Brissett, and Mills for competition. I'm really interested in Davis Mills. 3rd round pick who had 2 bridge coaches in his first two seasons. Not a lot of talent around him in year one. His name wouldn't light up Jets fans, but he could be a huge steal. 

Even if we go big for a QB, I still want another backup like C.J. Beathard

I want no part of Marcus Mariota.   Mariota failed Arthur Smith in Nashville and recently in Atlanta.  Pass.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I want no part of Marcus Mariota.   Mariota failed Arthur Smith in Nashville and recently in Atlanta.  Pass.

if we're at this point of the QB search, we're begging for anyone who can give us a chance. I don't think he's great, but if we miss out on the good options, he'll be in consideration. 

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Rodgers, Carr, Jimmy G, and Trey Lance are all I'm really looking at. Those other names were just in case we some how missed. Rodgers could very well be the guy if he tells the Jets he's interested before Carr's deadline. 

To be honest, everything points that he will be retired but Packers only hope that trade rumors move Rodgers to play another season so they can get pick in return.

What I am afraid of..... What if Rodgers makes a retirement announcement this month and subsequently 49ers tag Jimmy G as a franchise player and maybe Carr (being held on)?   That is where Ryan Tannehill may come into qb consideration.

Sadly, Jets may cough up a pick or couple for a non-marquee qb.

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

To be honest, everything points that he will be retired but Packers only hope that trade rumors move Rodgers to play another season so they can get pick in return.

What I am afraid of..... What if Rodgers makes a retirement announcement this month and subsequently 49ers tag Jimmy G as a franchise player and maybe Carr (being held on)?   That is where Ryan Tannehill may come into qb consideration.

Sadly, Jets may cough up a pick or couple for a non-marquee qb.

I'm not sure if Carr's relationship with the Raiders can be repaired but we do have to consider if another team trades for him like New Orleans. 

Rodgers could very well retire. My biggest concern is him only playing 1 season. I'm not sure if he's worth it if he can only give one year. 

If Jimmy G is tagged, one of the 3 49er QBs will be available for a trade. That's good news to me. Trey was the original starter, but I can't imagine Purdy getting benched if he looks good today. Trey is likely gone if that happens and they tag Jimmy. I really liked Trey coming out of the draft. Purdy has 14tds/2ints in 7 starts. So if Purdy on the block, I'd want him to. So I would literally take any of the 3. 

So I think we will be fine QB wise. After these options, it's Mike White Vs who ever we can get in free agency or draft. Everyone in the franchise is talking about getting a QB, so I can't imagine them going too cheap here. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not sure if Carr's relationship with the Raiders can be repaired but we do have to consider if another team trades for him like New Orleans. 

Rodgers could very well retire. My biggest concern is him only playing 1 season. I'm not sure if he's worth it if he can only give one year. 

If Jimmy G is tagged, one of the 3 49er QBs will be available for a trade. That's good news to me. Trey was the original starter, but I can't imagine Purdy getting benched if he looks good today. Trey is likely gone if that happens and they tag Jimmy. I really liked Trey coming out of the draft. Purdy has 14tds/2ints in 7 starts. So if Purdy on the block, I'd want him to. So I would literally take any of the 3. 

So I think we will be fine QB wise. After these options, it's Mike White Vs who ever we can get in free agency or draft. Everyone in the franchise is talking about getting a QB, so I can't imagine them going too cheap here. 

Raiders can hold Carr for trade purpose but it is risky.

49ers qb room is interesting but stay away from Purdy because he can work well under Shanahan as a rookie but no one will know how will he continue performing well for another team in the following season.  Lance is a starting project that may go either way.  Jimmy G is a veteran who works best with run oriented offense Jets are about to commit to for real. The pick for Jets should be evident.

I read an article that suggested that players wanted BOTH Wilson and LaFleur out.  I don't know if that is true but that may give Jets a pause about trading for an expensive qb.  I can't wait to see what qb course Jets runs.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Raiders can hold Carr for trade purpose but it is risky.

49ers qb room is interesting but stay away from Purdy because he can work well under Shanahan as a rookie but no one will know how will he continue performing well for another team in the following season.  Lance is a starting project that may go either way.  Jimmy G is a veteran who works best with run oriented offense Jets are about to commit to for real. The pick for Jets should be evident.

I read an article that suggested that players wanted BOTH Wilson and LaFleur out.  I don't know if that is true but that may give Jets a pause about trading for an expensive qb.  I can't wait to see what qb course Jets runs.

Carr clearly wants out and gave the team a deadline. It doesn't seem like the team is going against his request. They don't want to wait too late when the other teams start filling their QB needs with other options. They have to trade him while the teams that can give the Raiders what they want are still in the hunt. 

Purdy is interesting because he's a 7th round rookie on the 14td/2int stretch. It's been 4yrs since we've had a QB throw for over 10Tds. He does have to work on handling pressure better, but I like what I see. Today will say a lot about him. Systems can help QBs, but he's showing flashes of what makes QBs good in general. 

I'm rooting for Purdy because he increases the chances of Jimmy G and Trey Lance potentially hitting the market. We're going to need as many options available just in case Rodgers retries and Carr goes to another team. 

I'd be surprised if they wanted Wilson out, but I understand benched. I don't really care about the Wilson chats because he's no longer a factor until he proves otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Carr clearly wants out and gave the team a deadline. It doesn't seem like the team is going against his request. They don't want to wait too late when the other teams start filling their QB needs with other options. They have to trade him while the teams that can give the Raiders what they want are still in the hunt. 

Purdy is interesting because he's a 7th round rookie on the 14td/2int stretch. It's been 4yrs since we've had a QB throw for over 10Tds. He does have to work on handling pressure better, but I like what I see. Today will say a lot about him. Systems can help QBs, but he's showing flashes of what makes QBs good in general. 

I'm rooting for Purdy because he increases the chances of Jimmy G and Trey Lance potentially hitting the market. We're going to need as many options available just in case Rodgers retries and Carr goes to another team. 

I'd be surprised if they wanted Wilson out, but I understand benched. I don't really care about the Wilson chats because he's no longer a factor until he proves otherwise. 

Carr's deadline is a month before FA activity. Raiders try to find a suitor by the deadline so they can hold him until trade is officially complete.  If not, Raiders have to release him. Because of that, Carr will be our first qb to wine and dine out on the Valentine's day.  How romantic, eh?