ChargIRs Mike Williams out 2-3 weeks

General Tso

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

FYI, that’s a medical student. I was at one time a 4th year Med student that was exceptional at MSK relative to my peers. But not in a million years would I have pretended to 1) be affiliated with an NFL or 2) actually have medical expertise

Sorry this probably my fault. He never presented himself as affiliated with the organization. It’s just his opinion on why they didn’t catch it the first time on the initial X Rays and MRI. I guess I trust his opinion more than the typical sports fan on Twitter.

43 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Sorry this probably my fault. He never presented himself as affiliated with the organization. It’s just his opinion on why they didn’t catch it the first time on the initial X Rays and MRI. I guess I trust his opinion more than the typical sports fan on Twitter.

Chargers Medical is his name. And I wouldn’t trust his opinion more than random guy who has access to google. At most he has done one sports Med rotation in Med school…one of which he was following around a doctor making diagnoses (he would have played essentially no role in diagnosis). At most he has seen one spinal fracture in his life…and at most observed a sports Med doctor treating it. He is basing his expertise on his anatomy course his his first year of med school (one of which no pathology was actually taught…and handy use of google).

Edited by sammymvpknight

I mean not that people that have actually been Chargers Doctors are any good. We had Chao and then whoever decided to shank Tyrod. 

Staley makes mistakes. He’s young and he is still getting his feet under him. He might turn out to be a good coach. I am not displeased with his decisions to go for it. Quite the opposite I love Riverboat Ron mentality most of the time. There’s been some clock management decisions I’ve questioned and of course this last week with guys out there in a meaningless game. At the end of the day I still think he deserves at least one more season with an offensive coordinator who isn’t monkey poo. Someone said Chud night be available which I would be very happy with. 

21 hours ago, Leoric said:

where do you stand on him? I mean he’s better than McCoy, Lynn and Turner but that’s really not a great endorsement. I’m personally still mostly undecided on him. He does some wtf stuff but also he does go for it which is something I faulted Marty for. Still pissed we didn’t get Mooch instead of McCoy. 

I think it was pretty much undecided until about half way through this season.

A lot of his signings worked, but the scheme was still very flawed, he had issues with Keenan, and his overall decisiveness with his calls and his approach were very unclear, and at times felt a bit random.

People outside the Chargers, think of him as super aggressive with 4th down decisions, because of a very small sample size in prime time games (mainly Ravens game, Chiefs game and Raiders game, all from last year). Truth is, even last year he was pretty average in all the metrics covering coaching aggressiveness, and this year he has been bellow average. That's far from the narrative going around in general media.

That conversation about analytics has brought a lot of anti-bodies in the general fans.

Coming back to reality, this team has no business being in the playoffs, with the ammount of injuries we've had, no team has endured what we have, and still made the playoffs, and much of that has been down to Staley.

First for keeping the team together, for the rougher parts of this season, when we weren't playing well, we were on a losing streak, and the season looked pratically done for. But Staley revealed one of his major traits, in that he's pretty much a player's coach. Despite all the analytics, all the schematic talks, when he comes to the grit of it, he'll always give the players the responsability and the power.

That had transpired, over some isolated issues, like the Herbert injury, like Keanan Allen's injury, Pipkin's injury... but here it was that bounding and that confidence that prevented the worst.

Second, the changes he did midway through the season were critical to how our defense turned the season around. He changed his scheme, and started to allow much more nuances, much more blitzes, much more press (to the point, we are now playing press a lot), changed the personnel (and Tillery's release provided some unforseen from the outside, fire and confidence in the remaining roster).

The only thing he didn't change was the offensive side, but even with that there was some clear developments mid-season. 

I think overall, he has proved to be a good young coach, capable of weathering the storm, capable of adjustments, both schematically and personnel wise, and proved that he could win in this league, even with the odds stacked against him.

In my mind, that has put to rest a lot of doubts that he brought into the season, and showed he's someone we could move this franchise forward with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kramxel said:

I think it was pretty much undecided until about half way through this season.

A lot of his signings worked, but the scheme was still very flawed, he had issues with Keenan, and his overall decisiveness with his calls and his approach were very unclear, and at times felt a bit random.

People outside the Chargers, think of him as super aggressive with 4th down decisions, because of a very small sample size in prime time games (mainly Ravens game, Chiefs game and Raiders game, all from last year). Truth is, even last year he was pretty average in all the metrics covering coaching aggressiveness, and this year he has been bellow average. That's far from the narrative going around in general media.

That conversation about analytics has brought a lot of anti-bodies in the general fans.

Coming back to reality, this team has no business being in the playoffs, with the ammount of injuries we've had, no team has endured what we have, and still made the playoffs, and much of that has been down to Staley.

First for keeping the team together, for the rougher parts of this season, when we weren't playing well, we were on a losing streak, and the season looked pratically done for. But Staley revealed one of his major traits, in that he's pretty much a player's coach. Despite all the analytics, all the schematic talks, when he comes to the grit of it, he'll always give the players the responsability and the power.

That had transpired, over some isolated issues, like the Herbert injury, like Keanan Allen's injury, Pipkin's injury... but here it was that bounding and that confidence that prevented the worst.

Second, the changes he did midway through the season were critical to how our defense turned the season around. He changed his scheme, and started to allow much more nuances, much more blitzes, much more press (to the point, we are now playing press a lot), changed the personnel (and Tillery's release provided some unforseen from the outside, fire and confidence in the remaining roster).

The only thing he didn't change was the offensive side, but even with that there was some clear developments mid-season. 

I think overall, he has proved to be a good young coach, capable of weathering the storm, capable of adjustments, both schematically and personnel wise, and proved that he could win in this league, even with the odds stacked against him.

In my mind, that has put to rest a lot of doubts that he brought into the season, and showed he's someone we could move this franchise forward with.

I finally reached my breaking point. Thought he was different but yeah, it seems that Chargering is too strong. Time to clean house again I guess.

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I finally reached my breaking point. Thought he was different but yeah, it seems that Chargering is too strong. Time to clean house again I guess.

Looking at this game, it's hard to faulter Staley's defense.

Offense was just so ineffective and bland, that even in the 1st half, it was a lot closer than it should have been.

You can criticize Staley for keeping Lombardi around as long as he did.

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Looking at this game, it's hard to faulter Staley's defense.

Offense was just so ineffective and bland, that even in the 1st half, it was a lot closer than it should have been.

You can criticize Staley for keeping Lombardi around as long as he did.

The problem is the second half. One three and out stop by the defense could have won the game for us. This is one of the worst losses because it’s a postseason one.

9 hours ago, Xenos said:

The problem is the second half. One three and out stop by the defense could have won the game for us. This is one of the worst losses because it’s a postseason one.

180 yards from the offense on 9 possessions in the first half. 8 full possessions. 27 points looks good until you see just how anemic this offense is. Contract is going to come due on Herbert and I’m really not sure what we have in him. Lombardi has to go. Staley… eh I wouldn’t be upset if he was gone but I expect a final chance in 2023. Pick up Herb’s 5th year option so this isn’t his last year under contract. We can’t saddle the franchise to him until we see an offense capable of playing in the NFL. 

• Like 1